set default font in DolphinPro5
Author Message
 set default font in DolphinPro5

I am trying to set the default workspace font size, but it does not work,
because the property is not editable in user prefs.
I tried the appended procedure two times, but it does not help, although the
update is installed.

Any idea?

Ciao

...Jochen

Quote:
>This sounds like a problem with Dolphin Value Edition in general (not just
>the trial) since the System Browser is only available in Standard Edition
>and higher. Looking at it, it looks like fix #944 has been left out of the
>DVE download although it is included in the Live Update 5.0.1 patch. :-(
>In order to be able to reapply the patch in your image please evaluate:
>SessionManager current productDetails at: 5 put: 0
>Then go and open the Live Update icon in the Dolphin system folder and
>follow the instructions to install the 5.0.1 patch. After that you should
be
>able to open the User Preferences and set the font as described.

Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:11:01 GMT
 set default font in DolphinPro5
Jochen,

Quote:
> I am trying to set the default workspace font size, but it does not work,
> because the property is not editable in user prefs.
> I tried the appended procedure two times, but it does not help, although
> the update is installed.

> Any idea?

I don't know why it won't work in your Pro version (and I thought the
message you included only applied to the Value edition?) but you might like
to try the following. Obviously, without knowing why the other method fails
I can't guarantee this - but it's worth a try.

Edit the pointSize to your new preference and then evaluate the following in
a workspace.

SmalltalkWorkspace defaultFont: (SmalltalkWorkspace defaultFont pointSize:
20)

If you want to change the Font as well you can use something like -

SmalltalkWorkspace defaultFont: (Font name: 'Arial' pointSize: 14)

Regards
    Ian

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 01:46:59 GMT
 set default font in DolphinPro5
Quote:
> Edit the pointSize to your new preference

In the preferences, the Font value is display only, no editong is possible.

Quote:
> and then evaluate the following in  a workspace.
> SmalltalkWorkspace defaultFont: (SmalltalkWorkspace defaultFont pointSize:

20)

This works fine! Thanks!
Anyway, it would be nice to have the Font/Size editable in the Preferences
:-)

Ciao

...Jochen

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 02:06:38 GMT
 set default font in DolphinPro5
Jochen,

Quote:
> > Edit the pointSize to your new preference
> In the preferences, the Font value is display only, no editong is
> possible.

I really meant "Edit the pointSize in the following statement ....". The
example I gave, a point size of 20, is probably not much use in practice :-)

Quote:
> Anyway, it would be nice to have the Font/Size editable in the Preferences
> :-)

I assume you are using the evaluation version of Dolphin Pro (is that
right?) as it works fine in the full version I'm using.  Hopefully Andy or
Blair (Object Arts) will spot this thread and check the evaluation download.

Regards
    Ian

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 02:24:20 GMT
 set default font in DolphinPro5
Quote:
> I assume you are using the evaluation version of Dolphin Pro (is that
> right?)

Yes!

Quote:
> as it works fine in the full version I'm using.  Hopefully Andy or
> Blair (Object Arts) will spot this thread and check the evaluation

download.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Ciao

...Jochen

Thu, 02 Dec 2004 02:31:11 GMT
 set default font in DolphinPro5
Jochen,

Quote:
> > I assume you are using the evaluation version of Dolphin Pro (is that
> > right?)
> Yes!

> > as it works fine in the full version I'm using.  Hopefully Andy or
> > Blair (Object Arts) will spot this thread and check the evaluation
> download.

> Thanks a lot for your help!

There's no difference between the trial version and the full version of
Dolphin (in this area, at least). In the User Preferences expand the
Workspace node and double click over defaultFont. This should bring up a
font chooser. Select a new point size and click okay. Now when you open new
workspaces or tools that contain them you should see that the font size has
changed. Note that changing the size does not alter workspaces that are
already in existence.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Fri, 03 Dec 2004 17:15:07 GMT
 set default font in DolphinPro5

Quote:
> There's no difference between the trial version and the full version of
> Dolphin (in this area, at least). In the User Preferences expand the
> Workspace node and double click over defaultFont.

Ah, so it was wrong usage by myself! I doubleclicked the font name on the
right. It seems that things in Dolphin sometimes are a bit different ;-).

Thank you for your help!

Ciao

...Jochen

Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:11:22 GMT

1. VAST: how to set the system default font

2. Setting Default Window Font

3. Setting the default font in ISE Eiffel

4. setting the default font on all widgets??

5. Default font setting question.

6. How to set the tk default font

7. Setting the default font in TK.

8. how do I set default font programmatically?

9. How to set default font for XF2.3 ?

10. Setting default fonts

11. Default font for wish and/or Font tool availability

12. tk: substitute default font if font request fails?