Storing images in a class methods
Author Message
 Storing images in a class methods
Hello,

I want to be able to take an Image and define a new class method
on an object that will create a new instance of this Image and
return it. I am picking the Image from the screen using the
statement 'Image fromUser' and want this image converted into a
textual class method so that if the code is filed out then the
image is not lost. Visual Works does this when using the UIMaskEditor
but the icons that I am picking from the screen are in colour and
therefore I cannot use this tool.

I realize that it would be relatively easy to write a method
that will do this, but it must have been done before and if
so I would appreciate a copy of the code. It is also likely
that someone has come up with an efficient method of storing
images in this fashion.

Thanks again for any help,

Reuben Wells

        BNR Europe, London Road, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA
          Tel: +44 (279) 403014 Fax: +44 (279) 402047

Mon, 26 Feb 1996 15:54:46 GMT

1. right way to override class/method defs in StORE

2. VW: Parcels, StORE, and methods in other classes

3. instance creations methods for VW's Image class

4. accessing a instance method from a class method

5. How do I call a method from another method within the same class

6. Class methods vs Instance methods

7. Class method vs instance method???

8. Class method vs instance method???

9. Class methods in ab???.clw files and derived methods

10. same method as class and instance methods?

11. Calling protected methods from class methods

12. Singleton method == Class method ??