NMTVCUSTOMDRAW does not return 'isChecked'
Author Message
 NMTVCUSTOMDRAW does not return 'isChecked'

As I am going to work with TreeViews having style 'TVS_CHECKBOXES' in order
to get some kind of MultipleSelectionTreeView I realized that NMTVCUSTOMDRAW
does not return any value by #isChecked, although the Checkboxes has been
drawn and they can be clicked.
Any ideas,
Jon

Sun, 28 Aug 2005 14:50:08 GMT
 NMTVCUSTOMDRAW does not return 'isChecked'
Jon,

Quote:
> As I am going to work with TreeViews having style 'TVS_CHECKBOXES' in
> order to get some kind of MultipleSelectionTreeView I realized that
> NMTVCUSTOMDRAW does not return any value by #isChecked, although the
> Checkboxes has been drawn and they can be clicked.

If you've got the newsgroup archive (or are happy visiting the Google
news archive) you might like to have a look at the thread started by
Smalltalkiano on 11/4/2002 (that's 11th April for those who read dates
backwards) with the subject "Tree Control".  One of the responses
includes a package created by Don Rylander which, from the look of it,
does what you want - although it does it without using the #isChecked
method.

I can also mail you the complete thread if you prefer.

--
Ian

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 00:38:05 GMT
 NMTVCUSTOMDRAW does not return 'isChecked'

Quote:

> Jon,

> > As I am going to work with TreeViews having style 'TVS_CHECKBOXES' in
> > order to get some kind of MultipleSelectionTreeView I realized that
> > NMTVCUSTOMDRAW does not return any value by #isChecked, although the
> > Checkboxes has been drawn and they can be clicked.

> If you've got the newsgroup archive (or are happy visiting the Google
> news archive) you might like to have a look at the thread started by
> Smalltalkiano on 11/4/2002 (that's 11th April for those who read dates
> backwards) with the subject "Tree Control".  One of the responses
> includes a package created by Don Rylander which, from the look of it,
> does what you want - although it does it without using the #isChecked
> method.

> I can also mail you the complete thread if you prefer.

Ian,

Thanks a lot.
Your hint helps..finally.
I have learned more than about TreeViews.
Next time, I am going to tease you with printing problems, again.

Jon

Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:25:05 GMT

1. Intellimouse Returns 'File Not Open'

2. I'm not doing a good job

3. Relevance of lists (Was: I'm not doing a good job)

4. Expect 'wait' not returning after spawned proc is done

5. errors when doing 'make test'

6. Have you ever done 'namespace delete ::'?

7. return -code return doesn't play nice with set

8. Clearing Error()'s and Errorcode()'s return values

9. Change request: return value from 'trap'

10. 'each' returning array

11. Newbie confusion about 'return'

12. msvcrt.getch() from IDLE returns '\377'