Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools
Author Message
 Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

Do any tools exist (besides WinRunner) which are capable of running
GUI test suites?  I need a tool compatible with VisualWorks 2.5 /
2.5.1.

Thank you,

Marc Krawitz

Fri, 11 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

Quote:

> Do any tools exist (besides WinRunner) which are capable of running
> GUI test suites?  I need a tool compatible with VisualWorks 2.5 /
> 2.5.1.

> Thank you,

> Marc Krawitz

Take a look at

http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/HyperNews/get/VisualWorks-2.5-miscellaneous...

were you can find a Smalltalk recorder.

This one can record and playback user input

Magnus Larsson                                Phone +46 21 342666
ABB Industrial Systems AB, dept. LKSB         Fax   +46 21 342555

Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

Quote:

>Do any tools exist (besides WinRunner) which are capable of running
>GUI test suites?  I need a tool compatible with VisualWorks 2.5 /
>2.5.1.

 That would be nice to know ... please post here or Marc, would you
be so kind to summarize the responds you'll get (even for VSE oder VA).

 Thanks,

 Marten

Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

Quote:

>Do any tools exist (besides WinRunner) which are capable of running
>GUI test suites?  I need a tool compatible with VisualWorks 2.5 /
>2.5.1.

Jeff McKenna's company has a Smalltalk quality assurance tool which has a very
rich test suite capability. It's been a few months since I've looked at it so
I don't recall if it has GUI capabilities. I think his e-mail is

Good luck,

Dennis Leung
The Object People

Mon, 14 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

Mercury Works, I don't know if that's WinRunner...

Sat, 26 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Automated Smalltalk Testing Tools

Mercury and WinRunner are one and the same.  If used carefully it can be a
very powerful tool.

Quote:

>Mercury Works, I don't know if that's WinRunner...

Sun, 27 Dec 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need Automated (Smalltalk) software testing tool

2. Automated Testing Tool with support for VA SmallTalk

3. Automated Testing Tools for Smalltalk

4. Automated Testing Tools for Smalltalk: VisualWorks

5. VAST - Automated Testing Tools

6. VW 2.5 automated testing tools

7. -Looking for Automated Test Tool

8. VisualAge - Problems using Automated Testing Tool with VisualAge

9. Automated Testing Tools

10. Automated Testing Tools for Clarion

11. Automated test tools with Clarion ?

12. Code Analysis and Automated Testing tools for FORTRAN