(VA 4.02b) using long file names for Envy file attachments
Author Message
 (VA 4.02b) using long file names for Envy file attachments

Is there a way to use the Envy file attachments functionality on files
that have long file names.  I've tried attaching files with long file
names to applications and get a de{*filter*} saying that the file can't be
found.(or something to that affect)

For a file named   filenameexample.doc
The way Visualage Smalltalk reads the files is new to me.  The msdos
name for the long file might be for example filen~1.doc however when
visualage shows the files to pick from it might show a filename of
filnam.doc.  However when I select the file and click 'OK' the
walkback occurs.

Sun, 30 Nov 2003 06:23:15 GMT

1. Using Long File Names (TPS Files) in Clarion

2. File Dialog & Long File Names

3. Long File name FILE()

4. ~FILE (long file name)

5. DOS File Lookup - just the file name, not the path AND file name

6. VA 4.02b need help using dll's

7. copying files using as a different file name

8. error 37 File not open using a variable file name

9. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

10. ENVY Application file in to non-ENVY VisualWorks

11. file-out from Envy image for use in non-envy image

12. long file names in J3