Question: API-Calls
Author Message
 Question: API-Calls

Dear netters,

can anybody give a statement according to the following:

  I use Smalltalk/V Version 2.0 for Windows. I got a third-party
  DLL which I want to use from within Smalltalk, i. e. call the
  resources via API calls. The DLL has been written in Pascal. One
  Parameter in a procedure is of the type PChar.

  procedure xyz (par1 : PChar; var par2, par3: Word); export;

  The Smalltalk handbook told me to use struct as the correct
  argument type for a string terminated by null.

  abc: aString par1: par1Word par2: par2Word

    <api: xyz struct ushort ushort none>

  If I evaluate the appropriate statement (after instantiating an
  object of the correct subclass of DynamicLinkLibrary), the result is a

             GENERAL PROTECTION VIOLATION.

  According to this reaction I wonder if a bad pointer had been
  passed to the procedure. If this is true, how can I pass a
  correct pointer. Many thanks in advance for any statement
  (except flames :-)).

--
###########################
#Uwe Honekamp             #

###########################

Mon, 05 Feb 1996 16:16:35 GMT

1. Serial Communication (API-calls) and possible error in CW API-Viewer

2. API calls missing from readline API

3. Question on SBM2 WIN32 API Calls

4. calling Netware client API calls in MF

5. smalltalk/V Calling Dos API calls from smalltalk

6. API Question: API Menues...

7. api-calls in VA 4.5

8. api-calls in VA 4.5.

9. API Call to Acquire Ethernet Address

10. Protection Violation Error during GUI API call

11. API calls with void

12. win32 API call types?