TCP/IP on the Mac from VisualWorks
Author Message
 TCP/IP on the Mac from VisualWorks

Hello.  I'm looking for advice on how to make a TCP/IP connection from a
VisualWorks application running on the Macintosh.  As I understand it,
this is done with sockets.st supplied from ParcPlace-Digitalk, which
runs on UNIX and PCs, but not on MacOS.  If anyone has figured out how
to make TCP/IP connections from VisualWorks on the Mac, I'd like to hear
how.  Replies by email or news, as you prefer.  Thanks.
-

Paradigm Systems Corporation      Seattle, Washington

Fri, 31 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 TCP/IP on the Mac from VisualWorks

Quote:

>Hello.  I'm looking for advice on how to make a TCP/IP connection from a
>VisualWorks application running on the Macintosh.  As I understand it,
>this is done with sockets.st supplied from ParcPlace-Digitalk, which
>runs on UNIX and PCs, but not on MacOS.  If anyone has figured out how
>to make TCP/IP connections from VisualWorks on the Mac, I'd like to hear
>how.  Replies by email or news, as you prefer.  Thanks.
>-

>Paradigm Systems Corporation      Seattle, Washington

For the moment there is no TCP/IP support on the Mac Parcplace prommissed
it for VisualWorks 2.5 but there isn't. Ask Parcplace

supporting the GUSI Library.

I am looking for TCP/IP Support too - but no success until now.

   I hope we will get it.
       Klaus-D. Engel

--

Hardenbergplatz 2              Fon: (030) 254 99 217
10623 Berlin                   Fax: (030) 254 99 202

Sat, 01 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mac tcp-ip in VW

2. TCP/IP vs MAC address

3. TCP/IP interface for Mac Allegro CL

4. mac python and mac tcp?

5. does anyone have an example of a c++ TCP/IP client that works with labview TCP?IP server ??

6. How do I use dial up (PPP) TCP/IP port on a machine which also has TCP/IP LAN

7. TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

8. Interface Woes...Emulator/TCP/IP or GDDM?

9. TCP/IP AbtSocket connection problems

10. TCP/IP Under MVS: Assembler Interface

11. US - SE FL-***SMALLTALK/C++PROGRAMMER (DB2,MVS/TSO,AIX,TCP/IP)***-CONTRACT

12. TCP/IP, TN3270 & APL/370