VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?
Author Message
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Hi,

is VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP somewhere? I have a rather slow line and
would like to download it over night. This would be easier via FTP than
from the Cincom website.

--
Thanks,
Patrick

     Fingerprint: FEB0 4B45 195F 4D95 E502  3853 E9A0 88B3 E927 8635

Mon, 04 Aug 2003 23:48:39 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?
I don't know about ftp but I would suggest getting GetRight.  It is a great
utility, and you will be able to download VW from the web site overnight like you
want.

http://www.getright.com/

Quote:

> Hi,

> is VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP somewhere? I have a rather slow line and
> would like to download it over night. This would be easier via FTP than
> from the Cincom website.

> --
> Thanks,
> Patrick

> --

>      Fingerprint: FEB0 4B45 195F 4D95 E502  3853 E9A0 88B3 E927 8635

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:08:30 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Quote:

>Hi,

>is VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP somewhere? I have a rather slow line and
>would like to download it over night. This would be easier via FTP than
>from the Cincom website.

Oops, of course I meant VWNC 5i.3

Patrick

     Fingerprint: FEB0 4B45 195F 4D95 E502  3853 E9A0 88B3 E927 8635

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:41:42 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Quote:

>I don't know about ftp but I would suggest getting GetRight.  It is a
>great utility, and you will be able to download VW from the web site
>overnight like you want.

Nice, but my server that runs overnight is a Linux server. :)

Patrick

     Fingerprint: FEB0 4B45 195F 4D95 E502  3853 E9A0 88B3 E927 8635

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 00:50:17 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Quote:

> >I don't know about ftp but I would suggest getting GetRight.  It is a
> >great utility, and you will be able to download VW from the web site
> >overnight like you want.

> Nice, but my server that runs overnight is a Linux server. :)

Use the GNU wget(1) or similar commandline websucker, I assume it's
available prepackaged for most Linux distros, perhaps you allready have
it installed.

Here's the gnu page:
  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget/wget.html

Reinout
-------

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:12:21 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Quote:

>> >I don't know about ftp but I would suggest getting GetRight.  It is a
>> >great utility, and you will be able to download VW from the web site
>> >overnight like you want.

>> Nice, but my server that runs overnight is a Linux server. :)

>Use the GNU wget(1) or similar commandline websucker, I assume it's
>available prepackaged for most Linux distros, perhaps you allready have
>it installed.

Ok, so what is the URL? On the Cincom website, the download is "hidden"
behind a form. I need the whole package 5i.3 and the object engines for Linux
and Windows.

--
Regards,
Patrick

     Fingerprint: FEB0 4B45 195F 4D95 E502  3853 E9A0 88B3 E927 8635

Tue, 05 Aug 2003 23:26:27 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Quote:

> >> Nice, but my server that runs overnight is a Linux server. :)

> >Use the GNU wget(1) or similar commandline websucker, I assume it's
> >available prepackaged for most Linux distros, perhaps you allready have
> >it installed.

> Ok, so what is the URL? On the Cincom website, the download is "hidden"
> behind a form. I need the whole package 5i.3 and the object engines for Linux
> and Windows.

Silly, I didn't think of that.

lynx(1) the textmode browser comes to mind: interactivly start the
download, when you come back the next morning be prepared to follow the
'save as..' link lynx presents you.

If you need to logout during the night you have a problem,
either hack the url for wget or get somebody to make the material
available in another way.

Reinout
-------

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 00:35:20 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Quote:

>lynx(1) the textmode browser comes to mind: interactivly start the
>download, when you come back the next morning be prepared to follow the
>'save as..' link lynx presents you.

>If you need to logout during the night you have a problem,
>either hack the url for wget or get somebody to make the material
>available in another way.

The logout problem can be solved with screen(1), but is the a package
that contains both engines or do I have to download the whole package
twice?

--
Regards,
Patrick

     Fingerprint: FEB0 4B45 195F 4D95 E502  3853 E9A0 88B3 E927 8635

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 01:32:10 GMT
 VWNC 5i.2 available via FTP?

Quote:

> >lynx(1) the textmode browser comes to mind: interactivly start the
> >download, when you come back the next morning be prepared to follow the
> >'save as..' link lynx presents you.

> >If you need to logout during the night you have a problem,
> >either hack the url for wget or get somebody to make the material
> >available in another way.

> The logout problem can be solved with screen(1), but is the a package
> that contains both engines or do I have to download the whole package
> twice?

> --

You can select *both* platforms at once at this page:

http://www.cincom.com/en/products/get.asp?ProductID=3&Product=vw5i2&h=1

the next page then asks for you name etc.

<rant>

I see Cincom's website still doesn't want unix based visitors, it still:

- urges me to install Netscape 6.
- uses fonts that I can only read with great effort.
- manages to reconnect something like 4* per second loading my
connection at some 8kB/s for what?
- forces my browser to resolve some name that won't resolve (or so. It
takes _ages_ to get a display, Lynx is _much_ faster than netscape on
this site).

All in all very amateurish.

</rant>

Reinout
-------

Wed, 06 Aug 2003 18:06:41 GMT

1. 5i.3 available by FTP?

2. VWNC 5i: XSL hint

3. ImageMaker/VWNC 5i.1; missing file

4. VWNC 5i for Windows and Linux

5. M4th available via ftp

6. FORTH primer available via ftp

7. Forth Book available via FTP(correct this time!)

8. Forth book available via FTP

9. A POP-11 Book Available via FTP

10. Files available via FTP from FIDOnet

11. New beta-test Release of CAML available via anonymous ftp