Subject: Re: Availablity ads a sign of weakness or strength?

Internet
Date:    5/29/96 4:36 AM

Quote:

> writes:

> >However, I am noticing a lot more Smalltalkers available ads.  Is this a
> new
> >marketing trend, or a sign of weakness in the Smalltalk biz?

> I've noticed this too.  Last year I figured June to be something of a
> 'crises' point for Smalltalk employability where the going would get tough
> (and the tough would get...).

> Not overly happy that this might be taking place now that June is upon us.
>  Java is snatching a lot of development mindshare and I had sort of
> wistfully hoped it would take from C++ disproportionately.

> Chuck Durrett
> The WebBook Company
> 810.644.2725
> Birmingham, Michigan, USA

> "Thanks for listening."

On the other hand, I am not seeing any great volume of posts to comp.lang.java
offering jobs or contracts.  So far, Java is mostly being used to build web
pages, not so much for in-house client-server applications.

--
Alan L. Lovejoy         | Would you sign a contract to receive $100k term life

Sun, 15 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Availablity ads a sign of weakness or strength?

2. Availability ads a sign of weakness or strength?

3. Availabilty ads sign of health or strength?

4. Ada95 Strengths/Weaknesses.

5. Syntax alterability, strength or weakness? (was: What good is it?)

6. ANSI CLISP: strengths vs. weaknesses?

7. Good Sign or Bad Sign?

8. Interactive Eiffel 2.3 availablity update

9. Converting ADS/Netware to ADS/NT

10. MASM or TASM availablity

11. EventMessageSend weakness

12. Constness in languages (Re: java weaknesses and peculiararities)