I must've done something, but I can't think of what it was, and I don't see
anything in the Chunk Browser's history, but now, whenever I try to edit a
particular shell view (or show it via its shell), I get a walkback
complaining that FramingConstraints DNU #<. What's happened somehow is that
the STDViewProxy's version is a FramingConstraint instead of a number, and
that's all I know.

Does anyone have any advice so I don't have to recreate the view?

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:33:25 GMT
Mark,

Quote:
> I must've done something, but I can't think of what it was, and I don't
see
> anything in the Chunk Browser's history, but now, whenever I try to edit a
> particular shell view (or show it via its shell), I get a walkback
> complaining that FramingConstraints DNU #<. What's happened somehow is
that
> the STDViewProxy's version is a FramingConstraint instead of a number, and
> that's all I know.

> Does anyone have any advice so I don't have to recreate the view?

It's likely that you have added an instance variable to one of the classes
that has instances saved in the view resource. If you add (or remove)
instance variables without writing an appropriate conversion method then
you'll receive walkbacks when trying to load an STB stream containing such
objects. Take a look at:

http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/binaryfilingobjec...
and in particular:
http://www.object-arts.com/Lib/EducationCentre4/htm/convertingstbdata...
stancelayoutchanges.htm
for more details.

I'd suggest using the chunk browser to look through your recent changes to
see of you have modified any class definitions.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 02:51:37 GMT

> It's likely that you have added an instance variable to one of the classes
> that has instances saved in the view resource.

That was it. I'd added an instance variable to a TypeConverter class.
Thanks!

Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:12:35 GMT

1. Why this walkback when opening a view ?

2. Load .wrl Files, View it, centered in View

3. BUG: Empty string gives garbles output in multi column list view

4. Giving focus to a different view/window

5. solved: duplicated views when java loading world into CosmoPlayer

6. duplicated views when java loading world into Cosmo

7. You give me TLINK+TASM and I give you a VIRUS CREATION SET

8. RB Bug: removing "super send" method gives walkback

9. No bind on variable View (801) attempting ot open the currewnt view

10. Controller/View question (dealing with view bounds)

11. Views, fields in views and run-time record declaration

12. View Position relative to Parent View