small performance oversight in PP r4.1?
Author Message
 small performance oversight in PP r4.1?

Looking through the ParcPlace release 4.1 class library I found something that
looked like an omission.  I expected the class SortedCollection to override the
includes: method to implement binary search.  What I found is that it just
inherited the linear search method from class Collection.

Did I just miss it or is this the actual design?  If this is intentional, then why?
Is the overhead too high?  I did notice that indexForInserting: does use a binary
search so I would have expected that overhead wouldn't be a problem.

Tue, 06 Feb 1996 08:14:14 GMT

1. Coping with copy in PP ST r4.1

2. help wanted for PP R4 : password DialogView and unix links problems

3. 3 button mice and PP ST r4

4. Border-less windows in PP ST r4

5. PP r4 and SYQUIST drives

6. interface builders for pp st80 r4 ?

7. NewsReader in PP R4

8. PP Smalltalk R4.0: out of memory ?

9. About PP-80 R4...

10. PP ST (r4)/Mac Sys 7 Interaction

11. Bug in PP ST-80 R4, and a fix

12. PP-80 R4--Using color messages on B&W screens