30 day trial support in ProtectedProductSessionManager
Author Message
 30 day trial support in ProtectedProductSessionManager

Hi,
    is anyone using the ProtectedProductSessionManager to deliver 30 day
trial serial numbers? I've looked through the code and the associated
serial number class and I can't quite see how the expiry mechanism on
the serial number works. In particular, how the application is made to
stop working once the serial number has expired. The comments indicate
that the expiry is an absolute month number - I can't tell if this is
correct because I can't find the expiry mechanism. Maybe I'm missing
something obvious?

Is my understanding correct that the classes are decrypted everytime the
application starts?

Finally, I'm presuming that this will work with a ToGo deployment?

I'm asking questions in advance of stumbling in to try it in order to
protect myself from the rotten fruit of my misunderstanding :)

-------------------------
Antony Blakey

Linkuistics - The Language of the Web

All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:43:09 GMT
 30 day trial support in ProtectedProductSessionManager
Antony,

Quote:
>     is anyone using the ProtectedProductSessionManager to deliver 30 day
> trial serial numbers? I've looked through the code and the associated
> serial number class and I can't quite see how the expiry mechanism on
> the serial number works. In particular, how the application is made to
> stop working once the serial number has expired. The comments indicate
> that the expiry is an absolute month number - I can't tell if this is
> correct because I can't find the expiry mechanism. Maybe I'm missing
> something obvious?

The expirty mechanism is not available in the ProtectedProductSessionManager
despite some encouragingly named methods,

Quote:

> Is my understanding correct that the classes are decrypted everytime the
> application starts?

Yes.

Quote:
> Finally, I'm presuming that this will work with a ToGo deployment?

Yes.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 16:28:09 GMT
 30 day trial support in ProtectedProductSessionManager

Quote:

>>    is anyone using the ProtectedProductSessionManager to deliver 30 day
>>trial serial numbers? I've looked through the code and the associated
>>serial number class and I can't quite see how the expiry mechanism on
>>the serial number works. In particular, how the application is made to
>>stop working once the serial number has expired. The comments indicate
>>that the expiry is an absolute month number - I can't tell if this is
>>correct because I can't find the expiry mechanism. Maybe I'm missing
>>something obvious?

> The expirty mechanism is not available in the ProtectedProductSessionManager
> despite some encouragingly named methods,

Just to confirm - the brevity of your response suggests that there is no
support at all for this feature, rather than me simply not looking in
the right place?

-------------------------
Antony Blakey

Linkuistics - The Language of the Web

All that is required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:42:35 GMT
 30 day trial support in ProtectedProductSessionManager
Antony,

Quote:
> > The expirty mechanism is not available in the

ProtectedProductSessionManager

Quote:
> > despite some encouragingly named methods,

> Just to confirm - the brevity of your response suggests that there is no
> support at all for this feature, rather than me simply not looking in
> the right place?

That's correct. The existing expiry mechanism used by the Dolphin IDE relies
on some communication with the VM and the ability of the VM to "do"
something to the image that encodes the expiry info in it. We haven't yet
worked out how to create the same effect with a deployed EXE, sorry.

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:48:39 GMT

1. SecWin master password & 30 day trial setting

2. How can i get a 30 Day Trial Version License for VeriLogger Pro v6.5 ?(null)

3. 30-day trial copies of Compaq Visual Fortran now available

4. Implementing a 30-day trial period

5. 30-day evaluation version of ASMPUT now available

6. Help deleting files older than 30 days.

7. 30 day count down has begun!

8. More than 30 Days Past Due

9. List & Label 30 day evaluation templates released

10. Evaluation Activ-VHDL only for 30 days :(

11. 30 day evalution copy