ADK?
Author Message
 ADK?

It is called deployment wizard and it is under the additional tools section.

Quote:
>I can't make the Dolphin 3.02 ADK Wizard appear on the
>tools menu.  The documentation says it should be there,
>but installing it doesn't put it there.  Any hints?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ADK?
I can't make the Dolphin 3.02 ADK Wizard appear on the
tools menu.  The documentation says it should be there,
but installing it doesn't put it there.  Any hints?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ADK?

> I can't make the Dolphin 3.02 ADK Wizard appear on the
> tools menu.  The documentation says it should be there,
> but installing it doesn't put it there.  Any hints?

My first suggestion would be that you probably have not installed the ADK
package into the Dolphin image. The Setup program that comes with the ADK
does not actually do this; it simply copies the package to a directory under
your Dolphin installation. When you start the image, bring up the Package
Browser, choose install and then locate "Application Deployment Kit.pac"
within the Packages\ADK subdirectory.

After you have correctly installed the ADK, Dolphin 3.x provides you with
several methods to bring up an Application Deployment Wizard. You should
find that an icon will have been installed inside the Additional Tools
folder and that the "wizard" button on the System Folder toolbar is now
enabled. Both of these will bring up the ADW in non-packaged mode.

Normally, however, you will want to start the deployment process in packaged
mode since this produces smaller executables. In order to do this, start the
Package Browser, select the appropriate package and right-click with the
mouse to bring up the context menu. From this you can choose "Deploy to
executable" to start the packaged mode deployment process.

Incidentally, another reason to use packaged mode deployment in Dolphin 3.02
is that there is a bug in the non-packaged process that prevents it from
working correctly. This will be fixed in a future release of the ADK.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Object Arts Ltd.
http://www.object-arts.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. ADK - Newbie Question

2. ADK/Lagoon crashes during build

3. Doesn't work. [Previously: It works! Re: ADK/Lagoon crashes during build]