Keyword aliasing and extended-character display
Author Message
 Keyword aliasing and extended-character display

Hi everybody,

I am working on a semester project at U-Illinois in which we are trying
to implement a Chinese-language programming browser in visualworks.
Some of the things we need to do in getting started are:

* We need to be able to have the compiler accept Chinese versions of the
  five keywords (true, false, self, super, nil).  We have figured out
  how to simulate everything but super and nil...any hints on where we
  should look to hack to get visualworks to accept alternate versions of
  those two?

* We need to get the environment to display unicode characters.  For
  some reason, we have only been able to get the Chinese characters to
  display on Mac OS X, all other platforms come up as a black square.
  Is this some sort of font-instillation problem, or is there a deeper
  magic at work?

Thanks very much for your help,

Mike Hunter

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:06:12 GMT
 Keyword aliasing and extended-character display

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Keyword aliasing and extended-character display

Quote:

> * We need to be able to have the compiler accept Chinese versions of the
>   five keywords (true, false, self, super, nil).  We have figured out
>   how to simulate everything but super and nil...any hints on where we
>   should look to hack to get visualworks to accept alternate versions of
>   those two?

In VW5i4 'super' is parsed like a temporary variable, see
VariableNode>>isSuper and 'nil' is parsed the same way as 'true' and
'false', see Parser>>constant.

HTH,

Reinout
-------

Fri, 23 Apr 2004 21:20:28 GMT

1. Extended character display

2. Keyword aliasing

3. EXTENDED keyword = double?

4. extracting keywords from %(keyword)s-based templates

5. passing keyword arguments that are themselfs python keywords

6. how to find extended ascii characters?

7. Extended Character help

8. Extended ASCII Characters in CW

9. Swedish / German extended characters

10. extended characters

11. extending VED's change character attribute facilities

12. Reading Text files with extended ASCII characters