Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available
Author Message
 Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available

I've put Dolphin 4.03 versions of the Tgen translator generator, my own
linear algebra package, and Vassili Bykov's regular expression code up on my
website at

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

There's just one one caveat...

The regular expression package does *not* work properly at the moment.  I'm
not really sure of what the cause is, but a bunch of the unit tests break.
If you're interested in fixing this, download a copy and please forward all

Share and enjoy...
--
Bob Jarvis

Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:07:06 GMT
 Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available

Quote:

> The regular expression package does *not* work properly at the moment.  I'm
> not really sure of what the cause is, but a bunch of the unit tests break.
> If you're interested in fixing this, download a copy and please forward all

Ask and ye shall receive...

Chris Uppal was kind enough to send me a copy of the regular
expression port he'd done a while back, which I've now posted on my
website (http://www.nls.net/mp/jarvis/Bob/DolphinGoodies.htm).  His
version has several advantages over the one I'd started, chief of
which is that it works.

Share and enjoy.

Bob Jarvis

Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:56:08 GMT
 Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available
I just today posted my Spoken Number Formatter package.  Feed it something like

     12345 asSpoken

and you get back

     'twelve thousand, three hundred forty-five'

Share and enjoy.

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:26:05 GMT
 Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available
And here's yet another one.  A day or two back David N. Smith posted a
change set to the Squeak list for generating pi to an arbitrary number
of significant digits.  I thought it was interesting so I ported this
to Dolphin, obtained David's permission to post it, and have now made
it available on my web site
(http://www.nls.net/mp/jarvis/Bob/DolphinGoodies.htm).  Share and
enjoy...
---
Bob Jarvis

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:27:44 GMT
 Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available
Bob,

Quote:
> And here's yet another one.  A day or two back David N. Smith posted a
> change set to the Squeak list for generating pi to an arbitrary number
> of significant digits.  I thought it was interesting so I ported this
> to Dolphin, obtained David's permission to post it, and have now made
> it available on my web site
> (http://www.nls.net/mp/jarvis/Bob/DolphinGoodies.htm).  Share and
> enjoy...

Amused as I am by anything to do with Pi (having decided to learn it by
heart up to 54 places as a schoolboy .. can anyone beat this?) I thought I'd
try out your port. However, the ZIP only contains a PAX file without the
associated CLS files. You can either add these ancillary files or it might
be easiest just to publish the PAC file itself which will have all the
source within it.

In the meantime I'm waiting patiently, wondering whether I can announce the
value of Pi (to 54 decimal places) faster than Dolphin can calculate it :-)

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 02:25:34 GMT
 Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available

Quote:

> Amused as I am by anything to do with Pi (having decided to learn it by
> heart up to 54 places as a schoolboy .. can anyone beat this?) I thought I'd
> try out your port. However, the ZIP only contains a PAX file without the
> associated CLS files. You can either add these ancillary files or it might
> be easiest just to publish the PAC file itself which will have all the
> source within it.

OK, it's fixed now.  Go to

        http://www.nls.net/mp/jarvis/Bob/DolphinGoodies.htm

and fetch PiCalculator.zip.

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:16:46 GMT

1. Parallel Linear Algebra Package [PLAPACK] Release 1.0 available

2. Linear Algebra package for Ada ?

3. Linear algebra packages in Ada

4. What's most complete linear algebra package?

5. ANNOUNCE: la 1.0 - A Linear Algebra package for Tcl

6. QUERY: regular expression package written in Scheme?

7. regular expression packages

8. VHDL regular expression package?

9. Ada Regular Expression Package?

10. regular expression on tcl Index package

11. New CL Regular Expression Package

12. regular expression package for Common Lisp?