FFT source in smalltalk
Author Message
 FFT source in smalltalk

I'm trying to implement an FFT and inverse FFT in Smalltalk and wanted to
know if there is any source code out there.
Thanks.

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 23:35:08 GMT
 FFT source in smalltalk

Quote:

> I'm trying to implement an FFT and inverse FFT in smalltalk and wanted to
> know if there is any source code out there.
> Thanks.

"Squeak FFT (forward and inverse) works in real time on most
modern laptops/desktops (e.g., a 292 MHz PPC laptop). There's
a nice application that shows this off called SpectrumAnalyzerMorph.
(...)"
John Maloney (http://www.create.ucsb.edu/pipermail/siren/2001-July/000175.html)

See also the class comment of the class FFT in Squeak:
"This class implements the Fast Fourier Transform roughly as described
on page 367
of "Theory and Application of Digital Signal Processing" by Rabiner
and Gold.
Each instance caches tables used for transforming a given size (n =
2^nu samples) of data.

It would have been cleaner using complex numbers, but often the data
is all real."

But beware: The performance critical parts of FFI are implemented in a
subset of Squeak-Smalltalk called Slang, which Squeak can translate to
C and thus the realtime performance is accomplished via a compiled
plugin.

Download Squeak from http://www.squeak.org/download/index.html

Best,

Markus

Tue, 19 Oct 2004 00:07:59 GMT

1. Free FFT source code?

2. code source FFT

3. fortran source code for fft needed

4. ANN: Source Tracking System 2.01 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

5. ANN: Source Tracking System 2.0 for Dolphin Smalltalk 4.0 available

6. Smalltalk Cryptography source code?

7. Open Source/Free Smalltalk Implementations?

8. Source code in Smalltalk

9. Smalltalk source code for sorting

10. Angelica Smalltalk C and ASM open source projects

11. Source wanted for Smalltalk Report article

12. Editor/Source control in Smalltalk environment