Ansi/Ascii-Charactertranslation ODBC-Oracle
Author Message
 Ansi/Ascii-Charactertranslation ODBC-Oracle

Hello all,

I am using D5 Pro, Oracle-ODBC-Driver 9.00.11. I have problems with "german
umlaute" like "Stra?e, Mnchen, ...". I make the same query with
Oracle-Worksheet without ODBC, with MS-Access/Oracle-ODBC-Driver 9.00.11 and
in both Testcases all umlaute are ok. In D5 Pro with this Oracle-ODBC-Driver
the umlaute are not ok.

any suggestions??

Thanks
George

Fri, 25 Mar 2005 22:51:48 GMT
 Ansi/Ascii-Charactertranslation ODBC-Oracle
George,

Quote:
> I am using D5 Pro, Oracle-ODBC-Driver 9.00.11. I have problems with
"german
> umlaute" like "Stra?e, Mnchen, ...". I make the same query with
> Oracle-Worksheet without ODBC, with MS-Access/Oracle-ODBC-Driver 9.00.11
and
> in both Testcases all umlaute are ok. In D5 Pro with this
Oracle-ODBC-Driver
> the umlaute are not ok.

> any suggestions??

Are you using prepared statements?  If not, you might try it.  For example,
a string containing $| causes grief w/o preparing.  My hunch is that this is
a different problem though.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 02:47:25 GMT
 Ansi/Ascii-Charactertranslation ODBC-Oracle
Hello Hagn,

Quote:
> I am using D5 Pro, Oracle-ODBC-Driver 9.00.11. I have problems with
> "german umlaute" like "Stra?e, Mnchen, ...". I make the same query
> with Oracle-Worksheet without ODBC, with MS-Access/Oracle-ODBC-Driver
> 9.00.11 and in both Testcases all umlaute are ok. In D5 Pro with this
> Oracle-ODBC-Driver the umlaute are not ok.

> any suggestions??

Are you sure NLS_LANG set correctly? We have no localization problems with
D5 - Merant/native Oracle ODBC driver 8.17.

Dmitry Zamotkin

Sat, 26 Mar 2005 16:52:12 GMT
 Ansi/Ascii-Charactertranslation ODBC-Oracle
Thanks Bill, Dmitry

Now I have tried some different ODBC-Drivers and it seems, that my problems
exist only with the oracle odbc 9.00.11... With others (for example the
microsoft odbc for oracle 2.573.5303.00) everything works fine. I have also
tried the $| character (select name1||name3 name, strasse, ....). Even this
works fine.

Georg

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I am using D5 Pro, Oracle-ODBC-Driver 9.00.11. I have problems with
"german
> umlaute" like "Stra?e, Mnchen, ...". I make the same query with
> Oracle-Worksheet without ODBC, with MS-Access/Oracle-ODBC-Driver 9.00.11
and
> in both Testcases all umlaute are ok. In D5 Pro with this
Oracle-ODBC-Driver
> the umlaute are not ok.

> any suggestions??

> Thanks
> George

Sun, 27 Mar 2005 15:04:47 GMT

2. Financial Services, COBOL/II, CICS, JCL, DB2, Oracle SQL, ACCESS, ANSI C, VISUAL BASIC

3. VW5i conversion ASCII <--> ANSI

4. VWIN32: ANSI-ASCII translation needed

5. HTML+ASP+ActiveX+VisuaWorksSmalltalk+Oracle

6. Develper Available: Experienced with Gemstone,Oracle,VisualWorks,VisualWave, WEB Development,C++,JAVA

7. Python+Apache+Oracle+???Persistent database connection???

8. US-Atlanta-Smalltalk Application Programmers-VisualWorks,UNIX,Client/Server,Oracle,ENVY