RFD: comp.object.advocacy
Author Message
 RFD: comp.object.advocacy

Quote:

>Newsgroup line:
>comp.object.advocacy        Object technology benefits and costs.

There are loads of advocacy groups in the comp.lang.* hierarchy.
What about discussion & debates on a particular language.. Like if
we have Java, Lisp, Smalltalk, and other advocates in this newsgroup,
would discussion on the pros and cons of each of these languages be
permitted in this newsgroup, or would it be forbidden?

It would be an interesting idea of moving away from the comp.lang.*.advocacy
groups and moving to a central forum for all OO-language debates.  I would
think it would be appropriate, because different languages have different
strengths and weaknesses in terms of object technology, functional technology,
procedural technology, etc.

But this issue one way or another should definately be addressed in the RFD.

In order to encourage this group to pass, you may want to solicit many of the
different comp.lang.* newsgroups for your support.

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:10:12 GMT
 RFD: comp.object.advocacy

Quote:

> There are loads of advocacy groups in the comp.lang.* hierarchy.
> What about discussion & debates on a particular language.. Like if
> we have Java, Lisp, Smalltalk, and other advocates in this newsgroup,
> would discussion on the pros and cons of each of these languages be
> permitted in this newsgroup, or would it be forbidden?

> It would be an interesting idea of moving away from the comp.lang.*.advocacy
> groups and moving to a central forum for all OO-language debates.  I would
> think it would be appropriate, because different languages have different
> strengths and weaknesses in terms of object technology, functional technology,
> procedural technology, etc.

> But this issue one way or another should definately be addressed in the RFD.

> In order to encourage this group to pass, you may want to solicit many of the
> different comp.lang.* newsgroups for your support.

Excellent suggestions.  I'll include those changes in the RFD and post
pointers to the discussion in the groups you suggest.  Thanks.

Sincerely,

Sean

Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:39:58 GMT

1. RFD: comp.object.advocacy

2. RFD: comp.lang.smalltalk.advocacy

3. RFD: comp.object.corba

4. RFD: comp.object.moderated moderated

5. RFD: comp.object.moderated moderated

6. RFD: comp.databases.object

7. RFD: comp.object.moderated moderated

8. RFD: comp.object.moderated moderated

9. Repost: RFD comp.object.moderated moderated newsgroup

10. RFD: comp.lang.clipper.{misc,visual-objects}

11. RFD: comp.soft-sys.app-builder.visual-objects

12. RFD: comp.object.moderated moderated