Printing to non default printer in VW
Author Message
 Printing to non default printer in VW

I am on a Windows platform and I am trying to print to a non default printer
using VW 3.0.

VW only supports printing to the default printer.

Through 'DLL and C Connect' and API calls, I can get a list of available
printers and I can get a handle to a particular printer.
However VW uses an instance of GraphicsHandle ( from a primitive ) to
communicate with the default printer.

The printer handle that I am fetching from the API call and the
GraphicsHandle which VW is using seem to be different beasts and is
therefore causing errors.

Does anyone know more about the GraphicsHandle class and what it is
representing ?
Does anyone know how VW is fetching this handle to the default printer ?
Has anyone attempted to print to a different printer by fetching a handle to
it ?

Thanks

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:26:03 GMT
 Printing to non default printer in VW
There's a 5i goodie that accesses the host printer dialog.  Get 5i.4NC, load
the goodie, load Fileout30.

Set filing out to 3.0 chunk (under Settings in the launcher).

File out the host printing stuff, bring it into 3.0

Quote:

--
James A. Robertson
Product Manager (Smalltalk), Cincom

Sat, 17 Jul 2004 10:28:49 GMT

1. Print on default printer font

2. SE - Print to default printer

3. VA-Howdoi print txt to default printer

4. Can't print to non-PS printer

5. PRINT PREVIEWER FREEWARE - FormView - Views HP PCL Print Output / Prints PCL to ANY WINDOWS PRINTER

6. Two computer with one POS printer, Printer error at the same time printing

7. Indication of end of print job (print flush) for PathWorks network printers

8. LPT1 Printer Spooling/Printing and Appending to a Print File

9. Set device to printer/set print on creates a new print job on NT.

10. changing Windows default printer

11. Default Printers

12. How do I specify a default printer in CW5