PSP Reader's Poll - Results!
Author Message
 PSP Reader's Poll - Results!

Hello,

Last week the team at the Pentland Software Practice ran a reader's poll
asking the question "Does Linux v2.2 pose a threat to NT4 server?"  Well the
results are in and they're pretty conclusive! 93% of you voted yes whilst
just 7% thought that it posed no threat.

This week they're looking at the Y2K bug and asking "Is it hype or horror?";
so you're all invited over to...
http://www.*-*-*.com/
where you can read the latest articles and take part in the survey.  Results
will be published here and on the site next Monday.

Remember, the team at the Pentland Software Practice aim to make they're
site the first choice for developers and managers who use the same tools as
they do.  To help them achieve that please leave your suggestions for
improving the site in the guestbook provided.

Thanks.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 PSP Reader's Poll - Results!

Quote:

>Hello,

<SNIP>.

>This week they're looking at the Y2K bug and asking "Is it hype or
horror?";
>so you're all invited over to...
>http://www.pentlandsoftwarepractice.freeserve.co.uk
>where you can read the latest articles and take part in the survey.
Results
>will be published here and on the site next Monday.

<SNIP>

"Hype" or "Horror" doesn't give much of a choice, does it.

Alan Macro

"no-luncheon-meat." (i.e. no spam) should be removed if replying by email

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 PSP Reader's Poll - Results!

Quote:

>This week they're looking at the Y2K bug and asking "Is it hype or
horror?";
>so you're all invited over to...
>http://www.pentlandsoftwarepractice.freeserve.co.uk
>where you can read the latest articles and take part in the survey.
Results
>will be published here and on the site next Monday.

kinda stacks the deck ont hat poll doesn't it?  :)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 PSP Reader's Poll - Results!

writes
Quote:

etc. etc.

Hype: over-rated, no-real-content
Horror: eek!, arrgh!

The choices seem pretty clear to me. It's not about the actual facts of
the matter - there's plenty of sources for that information (if people
can be bothered looking them up before prophecising doom distopias
etc.).
It's about how people actually feel about it.
--
Steven.G.Auld

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Reader's Poll

2. Web Poll 1 Results: Booch/Rumbaugh/Jacobson Unification

3. POLL:OOA/OOD Tools - Results

4. POLL: OOA/OOD Tools - RESULTS

5. Early results for the CW Egroups Poll

6. SQL Server Magazine Poll "RESULTS"

7. POLL results.. More thoughts:

8. Web Poll 1 Results: Booch/Rumbaugh/Jacobson Unification

9. POLL:OOA/OOD Tools - Results

10. POLL: OOA/OOD Tools - RESULTS

11. Forth Opinion Poll from internet 10/94 results

12. Results of case poll so far