Come join the discussion.

Date: February 26
Location: Suite LLC offices
Address: 440 9th Avenue, 8th Floor
Time: 6:30pm to 7:00pm -- Open house
7:00to 8:30 pm -- Main Event

Directions:

Take E or C train to 34th (Penn Station) walk to corner of 34th and
8th. Walk up one block to 9th.

with subject line of: NYC Smalltalk February 26.

Our meetings are opened to the general public. Invite a friend !

Attendees are asked to join our mailing list by simply sending mail
to:

Charles
Chair
NYC Smalltalk

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:32:41 GMT
 Eclipsing Eclipse - Rescheduled

Quote:

> Feb 26th, Main Event: Eclipsing Eclipse

> Eclipsing Eclipse

> We will present a compelling case which will argue that the
> VisualWorks 7 IDE may very well eclipse Eclipse,

"may very well"?????

"MAY VERY WELL"?????

You sound mighty sure of yourself.

I recommend you change your ad copy to something a bit more definite.

Nevin

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 05:53:16 GMT
 Eclipsing Eclipse - Rescheduled
Nevin:

Our announcements are not just advertised in comp.lang.smalltalk but
also in other non-Smalltalk forums. Our yahoo group list has a very
significant percentage of non-Smalltalkers i.e. of the yet to be
convinced. So my problem is that I don't want to sound too{*filter*}y and
possibly turn people off since my foremost goal is to get people in
the door i.e. and let them, once there, make up their own minds.

When I first posted this meeting at the beginning of the month my
wording was more to your liking i.e. definitely more "definite".
However, being definite also provoked some "comments" then. It is just
hard to please everybody.

So how about this:

"For those that think that Eclipse is the ultimate IDE stop by and
check out our evaluation of the VisualWorks 7 IDE, I am sure with a
confidence level of 99.5% that just about everybody will be amazed."

There you go, highly confident yet not too confrontational :)

-Charles

Quote:

> > Feb 26th, Main Event: Eclipsing Eclipse

> > Eclipsing Eclipse

> > We will present a compelling case which will argue that the
> > VisualWorks 7 IDE may very well eclipse Eclipse,

> "may very well"?????

> "MAY VERY WELL"?????

> You sound mighty sure of yourself.

> I recommend you change your ad copy to something a bit more definite.

> Nevin

Tue, 09 Aug 2005 12:36:00 GMT

1. Eclipsing Eclipse

2. ECLiPSe 3.5.1 / Parallel ECLiPSe

3. Eclipse with SWT vs Dolphin

4. Java wrappers for Smalltalk (for Eclipse) ?

5. www.eclipse.org

6. Eclipse Project and Forth

7. LOGO-L> Eclipse

8. ECLIPSE: WHAT IS IT?

9. Any ruby plug-ins for Eclipse?

10. UK job working on next-generation Eclipse

11. What next after Eclipse?

12. ANN: New release of ruby plugin for eclipse