Smalltalk XML parser
Author Message
 Smalltalk XML parser

Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
Thanks in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Quote:

>Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
>Thanks in advance.

There's on at http://www.indelv.com, which is the only one I know of right
now. Given that IBM is pushing XML I would hope we'd see something in the next
version of VA, but they haven't announced anything yet.

--

The Object People                       http://www.objectpeople.com
613.225.8812(v) 613.225.5943(f)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

The next release of VW (in beta now) will ship with one

Quote:

--
Talk Small and Carry a Big Class Library

<Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of ObjectShare>

  jamesr.vcf
< 1K Download

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Quote:

> Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
> Thanks in advance.

I think there's one at  http://www.indelv.com/.

...Mike

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser
Look at http://www.indelv.com/

Stan Silver

Quote:

>Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
>Thanks in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Quote:

> Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
> Thanks in advance.

I've been using the one at:
http://www.intelligentdoc.com
--
______    _______________    _____
      \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
______/  \_______________/  \_____

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

It's the same.....

Quote:

> > Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
> > Thanks in advance.

> I've been using the one at:
> http://www.intelligentdoc.com
> --
> ______    _______________    _____
>       \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
>        >< Zen Smalltalker ><
> ______/  \_______________/  \_____

  enigma.vcf
< 1K Download

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser
James, is the parc place offering a validating XML parser? Does it handle
XSL style sheets?
-Alan Wostenberg
The Baan Company, Colorado

Quote:
> The next release of VW (in beta now) will ship with one [xml parser]

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

To be honest, I don't really know ;-)

I haven't had much time to look at it, and I'm not really an XML guru.  The
product is in beta now, and
will ship in Q1.

Quote:

> James, is the parc place offering a validating XML parser? Does it handle
> XSL style sheets?
> -Alan Wostenberg
> The Baan Company, Colorado

> > The next release of VW (in beta now) will ship with one [xml parser]

  jamesr.vcf
< 1K Download

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Quote:

> James, is the parc place offering a validating XML parser? Does it handle
> XSL style sheets?

I asked Steve Dahl, the author of our XML/XSL framework.  This is his
reply:

"The beta offering is a non-validating parser that optionally implements
subset of validation. The beta2 offering will implement namespaces, and
a few
more validation features--the change in beta2 is limited by the short
duration
of the first beta. The final product version, due in March, is expected
support full validation."

"The implementation will supply interfaces that correspond loosely to
SAX and
DOM, but the APIs at this time correspond to SAX and DOM only in kind,
and not
necessarily by a strict following of the documented APIs. We expect in a
following release to supply APIs that match the documented standards
much more
closely."

"We do implement XSL. The beta version is a subset of the December
XSL transformation spec. FCS will probably not implement ALL of the
December
spec for transformation, but more than in the beta. And off the top of
my head,
I can't tell you what we won't have done, but most of it will be the
more
esoteric stuff that isn't obviously useful, but is hard to get
right--and of
course, what we think is esoteric, some customer will need desperately."

"We will not implement the Formatting Objects end of the spec until we
get money
for it :)"
_______________,,,^..^,,,_______________
Eliot Miranda, ParcPlace Aspect, ObjectShare

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
Thanks in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Quote:

>Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
>Thanks in advance.

There's on at http://www.indelv.com, which is the only one I know of right
now. Given that IBM is pushing XML I would hope we'd see something in the next
version of VA, but they haven't announced anything yet.

--

The Object People                       http://www.objectpeople.com
613.225.8812(v) 613.225.5943(f)

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Quote:

> Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
> Thanks in advance.

I think there's one at  http://www.indelv.com/.

...Mike

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

Quote:

> Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
> Thanks in advance.

I've been using the one at:
http://www.intelligentdoc.com
--
______    _______________    _____
      \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
       >< Zen Smalltalker ><
______/  \_______________/  \_____

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Smalltalk XML parser

It's the same.....

Quote:

> > Does anyone know the where abouts of an XML parser written in Smalltalk.
> > Thanks in advance.

> I've been using the one at:
> http://www.intelligentdoc.com
> --
> ______    _______________    _____
>       \  /Peter W. Hatch \  /
>        >< Zen Smalltalker ><
> ______/  \_______________/  \_____

  enigma.vcf
< 1K Download

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

 [ 18 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. Look for XML Parsers for VA/Smalltalk V4.5 and VisualWorks V3.0

2. XML parser for Smalltalk

3. XML parser in Smalltalk

4. XML parser For Smalltalk

5. Validation with XML Schemas with Clarion 5.5 and Microsoft XML Parser 4.0

6. Validating XML-parser using XML Schema?

7. Anyone using CL-XML(a xml parser)?

8. xml.smalltalk.org, mod.smalltalk.org and camp.smalltalk.org DNS problems resolved

9. need an XML parser

10. XML Parser available?

11. XML-Parser for VW252

12. XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol