STV & External Handles
Author Message
 STV & External Handles

I would like to know if there is a way in Smalltalk/V 2.0.2 for Win32 to
have an instance be notified if there are no more references to it and its
memory is about to be reclaimed by the garbage collector.

I have a class instance that gets a handle from a external DLL (written in
C) when it is created and needs to have the DLL release the handle when the
instance has no more references to it.  (In C++ this could be dealt with
using a destructor.)

Thanks in advance.

Brian Bush

Tue, 29 Apr 1997 15:57:28 GMT

1. STV/286 error handling?

2. bug in STV/PM 1.2 (HPFS directory handling)

3. STV ObjectFiler&Stack

4. clipboard & stv/mac

5. STV & Soundblaster | .WAV

6. REXX handling of % char when passed to external environment

7. Handling external errors in Rexx?

8. Handling external errors in Rexx?

9. Handling external errors

10. Handling external errors in Rexx?

11. Cobol files external handling

12. Calling an external prog - timeout and error-handling in Expect