model-view-controller info
Author Message
 model-view-controller info

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is an on-line reference info about Smalltalk's
model-view-controller concept.

I looked at the FAQ about this, but I couldn't get hold of the books
that were recommended in it.  Is there a newer book that talks about
this?

Thanks in advance,

Easwar

Sun, 07 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 model-view-controller info

Quote:

> I looked at the FAQ about this, but I couldn't get hold of the books
> that were recommended in it.  Is there a newer book that talks about
> this?

Well, at the risk of self-promotion, may I recommend "The Art and Science
of Smalltalk".  It's a new book, and I've been receiving a lot of feedback
that the chapters on MVC are very useful.  To see more details check out:

http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/scrl/ArtAndScience/home.html

If you can't access WWW, it's published by Prentice Hall and the ISBN is
0-13-371345-8.

Simon.

 Simon C.R. Lewis           |     Tel: (0117) 922-8130 / +44 (117) 922-8130
 Hewlett Packard Labs       |     Fax: (0117) 922-8972 / +44 (117) 922-8972

Sun, 07 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 model-view-controller info

Quote:

>I am wondering if there is an on-line reference info about Smalltalk's
>model-view-controller concept.

>I looked at the FAQ about this, but I couldn't get hold of the books
>that were recommended in it.  Is there a newer book that talks about
>this?

I'm not sure what books are referenced in the FAQ on this subject, but
the best source I've seen was in a paper produced by ParcPlace a few
years ago. It was written by Stephen Pope and is probably still
available from them. Try checking out http://www.parcbench.com. At least
I _think_ that's the address.

Dan

Tue, 09 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Looking for implementation info on Composite Model-View-Controller architecture

2. Looking for info about Model-View-Controller paradigm

3. C++/Views: A Model-View-Controller Library for C++

4. Model View Controller

5. Model View Controller

6. Model View Controller and Ada 95

7. Model-View-Controller