VisualAge 3.0 under WinNT 3.51
Author Message
 VisualAge 3.0 under WinNT 3.51

Follow Netizens,

I can {*filter*}, but...

I would like to post a follow-up to my own posting commenting on
the lack of support for VisualAge for Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows
3.1 under WinNT.

While I am disappointed that a Win32s application that I paid
$799+shipping+handling+tax runs fine under Windows 3.1, has
kittens under WinNT 3.51, I must add that I am not necessarily
blown out of the water and have no reason to be really pissed.

I have the advantage of a reasonably powerfully home system to
affford the disk space for separately bootable Win-NT and
Windows 3.1 environments. Therefore, I am using what I consider
to be a very good product under Windows 3.1.

While I would have liked to run it under WinNT; after all it is
supposted to run as a Win32 program, I can wait for the
officially supported Win95/WinNT version.

As an aside...

I would like to thank John Kellerman, Manager of
VisualAge for Smalltalk Development for responding personally
via e-mail to my posting expressing concerns that I wanting to
return my purchase (hey, when did *YOU* get a manager of
Microsoft product development send you e-mail that you where
really pissed about a purchase?).

No worries, John. I chilled. This is a good product and I have
reasonable, workable soulutions to my problems. No returns.
I can wait for the Win95/WinNT support.

Noel.

Sat, 23 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 VisualAge 3.0 under WinNT 3.51

Quote:
>Follow Netizens,
>I can {*filter*}, but...
>I would like to post a follow-up to my own posting commenting on
>the lack of support for VisualAge for Smalltalk 3.0 for Windows
>3.1 under WinNT.

Like I said in a previous post. It works fine on my system (Pentium
120, PCI SCSI, 32 MB RAM, WIN NT 3.51, ad nausium...). I haven't had
the guts to try to install Newshell yet...

Wayne

Wayne Beaton
The Object People, Inc.

http://www.*-*-*.com/
"My Smalltalk includes Quebec"

Mon, 25 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Digitalk 32 bit & WInnt 3.51

2. Clarion 2 application on WinNT 3.51

3. Q: IBM Smalltalk 3.0 under WindowNT 3.51

4. Upgrade SetupBuilder 3.0 to 3.51

5. Upgrade - VisualAge 3.0 to VisualAge 4.0

6. Getting 16M colors in VWave 3.0 on WinNT

7. VisualAge 2.0 on WinNT 3.5

8. Compiling itcl 3.0 on winNT [HELP]

9. apl character set under win nt 3.51 (stsc)

10. VSE 3.1 Workspace Option->fonts hang on NT 3.51

11. RB 3.51 is slow in OS X 10.1

12. RB 3.51 and OS X 10.1