DB Date Range Field Type
Author Message
 DB Date Range Field Type

I've seen a number of references to a database date range field type.
I can not find documentation on the format to enter one (ie 2001/1/1
through 2001/1/30).  Does MS Access support this?  All I really need
to know is how to define a field as ? type in the Access define table
screen, and what to enter in a field as a test of the date range in
the add-data screen.  I tried a DATE/TIME type but it only seems to
allow a single date point (or I didn't try enough various
formats--separated with comma, through, minus, . . . .

By the way, thanks to all the folks that got me pointed in the right
direction on how to get started with SQL and DB stuff in Dolphin.

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:15:32 GMT
 DB Date Range Field Type

> I've seen a number of references to a database date range field type.
> I can not find documentation on the format to enter one (ie 2001/1/1
> through 2001/1/30).  Does MS Access support this?  All I really need

I don't believe that MS Access supports a date range type.  If you need to
represent a date range in Access you could just use two date fields.

If you are developing your own database you might want to look into ReStore
( http://www.solutionsoft.co.uk/restore/ ), a relational to OO DB tool.
With ReStore you could create a DateRange class and persist it to the
database.  I have found that it makes interfacing with relational DB's from
Smalltalk almost transparent.  However if you are interfacing with a legacy
database it may not be an option.

Chris

Mon, 26 Jan 2004 02:59:02 GMT

1. DB Connectivity Toolset with Access DB having autonumber and date/time fields

2. DB Field type on win32

3. Range limits type : Range of values

4. UncommonSQL: :DB-TYPE, :DB-READER, [...] SYNTAX

5. Field Standards - Setting Standards for cretin types of fields

6. coding a date range

7. Help: Need all changes in a date-range

8. CW Browse Template Date Range & ODBC

9. problems generating a report with a date range

10. Need help on date range fot sales tax

11. Setting date Range on a report

12. HELP: SQL ODBC date range, 2nd post