ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes
Author Message
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

That would allow me(in VAST) to unzip or zip standard Windows files
along the lines of how pkzip does ?

Also does anyone know of any ftp & tcp/ip classes that are a lot easier
to work with than the ones in VAST (we can get them to work on Win95a
and WinNT but not Win95 OSR2)

Cheers

Doug Marker

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes
As part of UniCycle for Smalltalk, we wrote some classes to
compress/uncompress data (we use the PKZip DLLs). We will be making
this available as a free component download from our web site one of
these days (www.unity-software.com). In the meantime, I've attached
the code (as a compress ENVY library) if you want to look at it. Note
that you'll need to buy the PKZip development kit in order for the
code to work (in other words, you need a license from PKZip). As for
our code, you can make use of it for free as long as you leave the our
copyright in the code and do not sell it by itself as a product.

If you need more information, just send me an e-mail

Simon
Unity Software Systems
www.unity-software.com

On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 16:44:05 +1000, Doug Marker

Quote:

>That would allow me(in VAST) to unzip or zip standard Windows files
>along the lines of how pkzip does ?

>Also does anyone know of any ftp & tcp/ip classes that are a lot easier
>to work with than the ones in VAST (we can get them to work on Win95a
>and WinNT but not Win95 OSR2)

>Cheers

>Doug Marker

______________________
Simon Arsenault :-)
Unity Software Systems
39 Robertson Road, Suite 234
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
K2H 8R2

work: 613-726-8867

web: www.unity-software.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Quote:

> As part of UniCycle for Smalltalk, we wrote some classes to
> compress/uncompress data (we use the PKZip DLLs). We will be making
> this available as a free component download from our web site one of
> these days (www.unity-software.com). In the meantime, I've attached
> the code (as a compress ENVY library) if you want to look at it. Note
> that you'll need to buy the PKZip development kit in order for the
> code to work (in other words, you need a license from PKZip). As for
> our code, you can make use of it for free as long as you leave the our
> copyright in the code and do not sell it by itself as a product.

Thank you for providing these classes. You do the community a great
service!

There is an alternative to the PKZip development license, namely the
freely developed and widely ported Info-Zip. There are DLL versions
available for most if not all DLL-based environments (i.e., OS/2 and
Windows).

Refer to the Info-Zip site for details:
        http://www.cdrom.com/pub/infozip/

Richard Sargent
5x5 Computing Solutions, Inc.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Quote:

>That would allow me(in VAST) to unzip or zip standard Windows files
>along the lines of how pkzip does ?

Yes, the x-platform library called zlib, do a search on it, it's around.

Ian

                 http://www.oneaccordinc.com/ian/home.html

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes
Many thanks to all who responded - this has proved a great help.

Cheers

Doug Marker

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Hi Simon,

Again many thanks for your generous effort for us other ST developers.

I got the zip dat file and imported it but when I went to load the app it
said there were 2 pre reqs

UtyBase.app  and
UtyOSMemorySupport.app

neither of these are in the zip file or appear to be part of the 4.51 we
have insatalled.

Are these part of 4.51 or needed extras ?

Cheers
& thanks

Doug M

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes
This is what happens when I try to do to many things at once...

Those apps that are prereqs' are from Unity. I will send them to you
via e-mail or what changes are needed to remove that dependency (I'm
not too sure if they want to release those apps as free components).

Thanks,

Simon :-)
Unity Software Systems
www.unity-software.com

On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:36:02 +1000, Doug Marker

Quote:

>Hi Simon,

>Again many thanks for your generous effort for us other ST developers.

>I got the zip dat file and imported it but when I went to load the app it
>said there were 2 pre reqs

>UtyBase.app  and
>UtyOSMemorySupport.app

>neither of these are in the zip file or appear to be part of the 4.51 we
>have insatalled.

>Are these part of 4.51 or needed extras ?

>Cheers
>& thanks

>Doug M

______________________
Simon Arsenault :-)
Unity Software Systems
39 Robertson Road, Suite 234
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
K2H 8R2

work: 613-726-8867

web: www.unity-software.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes
Simon,

I understand the problem having been there done that.  I will not hold you to
having to supply the prereqs as your original act of kindness and generosity
should not become a trap for you.

Cheers & many thanks

Doug

Quote:

> This is what happens when I try to do to many things at once...

> Those apps that are prereqs' are from Unity. I will send them to you
> via e-mail or what changes are needed to remove that dependency (I'm
> not too sure if they want to release those apps as free components).

> Thanks,

> Simon :-)
> Unity Software Systems
> www.unity-software.com

> On Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:36:02 +1000, Doug Marker

> >Hi Simon,

> >Again many thanks for your generous effort for us other ST developers.

> >I got the zip dat file and imported it but when I went to load the app it
> >said there were 2 pre reqs

> >UtyBase.app  and
> >UtyOSMemorySupport.app

> >neither of these are in the zip file or appear to be part of the 4.51 we
> >have insatalled.

> >Are these part of 4.51 or needed extras ?

> >Cheers
> >& thanks

> >Doug M

> ______________________
> Simon Arsenault :-)
> Unity Software Systems
> 39 Robertson Road, Suite 234
> Nepean, Ontario, Canada
> K2H 8R2

> work: 613-726-8867

> web: www.unity-software.com

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 ZIP: Are there any generally avail unzip zip classes

Quote:

>That would allow me(in VAST) to unzip or zip standard Windows files
>along the lines of how pkzip does ?

If getting there is half the fun for you, then check out Squeak, the
Smalltalk written in itself (www.squeak.org).  In the current release
you will find a class InflateStream by Andreas Raab whose class comment
begins,

"
This class implements the Inflate decompression algorithm as defined by
RFC1951 and used in PKZip, GZip and ZLib (and many, many more). It is a
variant of the LZ77 compression algorithm described in

[LZ77] Ziv J., Lempel A., "A Universal Algorithm for Sequential Data
Compression", IEEE Transactions on Information Theory", Vol. 23, No. 3,
pp. 337-343.

[RFC1951] Deutsch. P, "DEFLATE Compressed Data Format Specification
version 1.3"
"

Enjoy
        - Dan

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need a zip util to unzip msdos zipped files on a unix plat

2. REQ: P3007.ZIP P3007X.ZIP F3007.ZIP PATCH.EXE Clarion for DOS update patches

3. Zip/Unzip-Routine for Strings

4. zip/unzip files from Clarion application

5. What Fun It Is To ZIP (and UnZip)

6. ZIP/UNZIP-Routine for Strings

7. Most efficient unzip - inverse of zip?

8. zip/unzip pictures doesn't work

9. Anyone managed to unzip mstcl73e.zip ?

10. toolset.zip and scenev21.zip updated

11. New release of MEMVAR.ZIP (was: MEMVAR.ZIP)

12. There are two files rbxxx.zip and rbsrc.zip where