Making the attribute 'self' preferred
Author Message
 Making the attribute 'self' preferred

I have some parts which are neither Visual nor Non-visual parts (i.e. they
are just normal Smalltalk classes with a part public interface).

I would like the attribute 'self' to appear in the preferred list - so
'self' will appear in the 'Connect' menu of these parts in the composition
editor.  Does anyone know how I might do this?

Cheers,

Matt Sims

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Making the attribute 'self' preferred

Matt,

Quote:
> I would like the attribute 'self' to appear in the preferred list - so
> 'self' will appear in the 'Connect' menu of these parts in the composition
> editor.

In VisualAge 3.0 specialize preferredConnectionFeatures

        MyClass>>preferredConnectionFeatures

                ^#( self )

In 4.0 or higher specialize abtSelfReferenceAttributeFeatureBuilder

        MyClass>>abtSelfReferenceAttributeBuilder

                ^super abtSelfReferenceAttributeFeatureBuilder
                        attributeSettingNamed: #isPreferred put: true.

Best regards,

Joe Winchester

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. MITRE 'prefers' C over Ada

2. need info on 'SELF'

3. accessing top-level 'self'

4. Binding 'Self'

5. shortcut for 'self' wish

6. 'self' disappearing

7. 'Pre' attribute

8. 'Out of attribute space' error

9. Eiffel's attributes (was: Kent Beck's List)

10. Attributes 'Version and 'Body_Version

11. Strange Attribute Errors from 'frozen' exe

12. AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute