Are there Smalltalks for UNIX and X-Windows?
Author Message
 Are there Smalltalks for UNIX and X-Windows?

I am after portability between Microsoft Windows and X-Windows.
I was wondering if there is a Smalltalk which is portable?

Kerry Borchardt

Thu, 26 Jun 1997 02:27:25 GMT
 Are there Smalltalks for UNIX and X-Windows?

Quote:

> I am after portability between Microsoft Windows and X-Windows.
> I was wondering if there is a Smalltalk which is portable?

> Kerry Borchardt

Kerry,
ENFIN Smalltalk (part of the Object Studio suite) is available on Windows 3.1,
OS/2 (including Warp), AIX for RS6000, Sun Solaris, HP/UX and SCO (non-Intel).
It will also soon be running on Windows NT (Win32) and Windows 95 with full
OLE2/COM support.
Hope this helps.  Easel Corp are on 1-800-OBJECTS.
--
Andy Deighton ->

Mon, 07 Jul 1997 17:43:58 GMT
 Are there Smalltalks for UNIX and X-Windows?
dditionally ParcPlace Smalltalk is also available for both PC's and UNIX,
and is the ORIGINAL unix version of Smalltalk.

Raymond Lee
ILOG Ltd. (UK)

Tue, 08 Jul 1997 17:30:34 GMT
 Are there Smalltalks for UNIX and X-Windows?
Let's be fair to all the vendors here:

Smalltalk-X has a version in beta.
ParcPlace supports a host of X/UNIX bases workstations
SmalltalkAgents was rumored to be porting to unix (don't know if
this still holds, correct me if I'm wrong) as well as IBM, and
Digitalk.
As mentioned ENFIN also has a version.
I believe it would also be fair to say that Servio has an X/UNIX
based Smalltalk.

Travis Griggs

Tue, 08 Jul 1997 18:11:23 GMT

1. Little Smalltalk for XWindows 4.2

2. Little Smalltalk 4.2 for XWindows

3. Little Smalltalk for Cray and other systems with XWindows

4. Moving VW Unix->Windows->Unix

5. UNIX/C Development Leader - Dallas, TX 7/27/98 11:41:30 AM

6. 'who am i' from unix

7. UNIX X-Windows to MS Windows?

8. Can TCL/TK code for Ms windows run under Unix Xwindows ?

9. I am looking for a Smalltalk position in Switzerland

10. I am an Available Smalltalk Developer

11. I am making aplications in clarion for windows.

12. Smalltalk/X -- I am impressed