Help! IBM visualage/win Error Code 12
Author Message
 Help! IBM visualage/win Error Code 12

I tried to install IBM's Visualage Windows version from CD.
After I completed installation and started under Windows, I got
Error Code -12. I re-installed and received the same code. I tried
IBM's support, I could not get any answer, because this is test-
drive package and I can find any registration number.

Does anyone know a good IBM support number I can call ?
Does anyone know what is Error Code-12 ? Not enough memory ?
 I only have 8Mb memory.
Thank you in advance.

Sun, 22 Jun 1997 23:25:28 GMT
 Help! IBM visualage/win Error Code 12

Quote:

> I tried to install IBM's Visualage Windows version from CD.
> After I completed installation and started under Windows, I got
> Error Code -12. I re-installed and received the same code. I tried
> IBM's support, I could not get any answer, because this is test-
> drive package and I can find any registration number.

> Does anyone know a good IBM support number I can call ?
> Does anyone know what is Error Code-12 ? Not enough memory ?
>  I only have 8Mb memory.
> Thank you in advance.

We experience that is got resolved after we did two things

1- add more memory 16 meg at least - 24 prefered

2- Install the win 32 that come on the cd
   I assume you are using windows
   its in WRADCDW1\STPRODN1\win32s directory of the cd
   and run it by typping PUT115TO C
   C or D based on where you have your drive

3- To get IBM support try 1800-IBM-CARY

al malek

Mon, 23 Jun 1997 17:41:14 GMT
 Help! IBM visualage/win Error Code 12

Quote:

>I tried to install IBM's Visualage Windows version from CD.
>After I completed installation and started under Windows, I got
>Error Code -12. I re-installed and received the same code. I tried
>IBM's support, I could not get any answer, because this is test-
>drive package and I can find any registration number.

>Does anyone know a good IBM support number I can call ?

   Phone support are available for paying customers only.  If you
buy the product, the first 60 days phone support is free.  Right now,
electronic forum support are on IBM TalkLink or CompuServ (go
Visual).  IBM does not charge for electronic forum support of
VisualAge or IBM Smalltalk at this time but you may still be charged
by TalkLink or CompuServ for the forum access.

   No official technical support is provided here on comp.lang.smalltalk
yet.  I scan this forum on my own if and when I have time to do so
besides my development duties.  I figure I can still learn a thing or two
every now and then.  Well, you may learn more but I can be
considered densed :=)

Quote:
>Does anyone know what is Error Code-12 ? Not enough memory ?
> I only have 8Mb memory.

   VisualAge and IBM Smalltalk development environment requires
at least 16M RAM (24M recommended) and the swapfile may need
to grow to 25M or more.  The development environment certainly
won't run in 8M RAM.

   Runtime applications from VisualAge and IBM Smalltalk requires
a minimum of 8M RAM.

Jimmy Nguyen - VisualAge Development Team Member

Tue, 24 Jun 1997 03:46:27 GMT
 Help! IBM visualage/win Error Code 12

Quote:

>I tried to install IBM's Visualage Windows version from CD.
>After I completed installation and started under Windows, I got
>Error Code -12. I re-installed and received the same code. I tried
>IBM's support, I could not get any answer, because this is test-
>drive package and I can find any registration number.

Try running VA directly in the directory where it exists. That may help. Or
not. I haven't used VA, but IBM Smalltalk had a similar problem that I solved
this way. Haven't looked into it any further than that. Don't use IBM ST much
at all.

Intel/Personal Conferencing Division
(503) 264-9309 FAX: (503) 263-3375

"What I envision may be impossible, but it isn't impractical."
-Wendell Berry

Mon, 23 Jun 1997 01:12:19 GMT

1. Looking for IBM VisualAge Java/IBM VisualAge Smalltalk teachers

2. code 12 error

3. HELP!!! Internal error 12

4. VISUALWORKS or VISUALAGE, ENVY CONTRACT - 12 months

5. VISUALWORKS or VISUALAGE, ENVY CONTRACT - 12 months

6. SMALLTALK VISUALAGE - CONTRACT 12 months - EAST COAST USA

7. SMALLTALK VISUALAGE - CONTRACT 12 months - EAST COAST USA

8. SMALLTALK VISUALAGE - CONTRACT 12 months - EAST COAST USA

9. SMALLTALK VISUALAGE - CONTRACT 12 months - EAST COAST USA

10. SMALLTALK VISUALAGE - CONTRACT 12 months - EAST COAST USA

11. processor 12 in apl2/win

12. Problem with Novell Netware 3.12+win'95 station+funcion disksize(funcky)