XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol
Author Message
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol

Playing around with the parser, I tried the following:

| msg aStream parser anXMLDocument |

msg := '<!DOCTYPE porder_head SYSTEM " http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;>
<porder_head>
      <porder_num>13444</porder_num>
      <from>Big Buyer.</from>
      <to>SellerCode155</to>
      <terms></terms>
      <via>BEST WAY</via>
      <fob>SHIPPER</fob>
      <buyer>JOHN DOE</buyer>
      <freight>C</freight>
      <order_date>11/01/2000</order_date>
      <taxable>EXEMPT</taxable>
      <expires></expires>
    </porder_head>'.

aStream := ReadStream on: msg.
 parser := (XML.XMLParser on: aStream).
 parser validate: false.
 anXMLDocument := parser scanDocument.
 anXMLDocument inspect.

And I get the traceback:

''Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol'
XML.UnknownURLType(Object)>>error:
XML.UnknownURLType>>resource
XML.XMLParser>>dtdFile:
XML.XMLParser>>docTypeDecl
XML.XMLParser>>prolog
optimized [] in XML.XMLParser>>scanDocument
BlockClosure>>ensure:
XML.XMLParser>>scanDocument
UndefinedObject>>unboundMethod
UndefinedObject(Object)>>performMethod:arguments:
UndefinedObject(Object)>>performMethod:
Compiler(SmalltalkCompiler)>>evaluate:in:allowReceiver:receiver:environment:notifying:ifFail:

optimized [] in ParagraphEditor>>evaluateSelection
BlockClosure>>ensure:
Cursor>>showWhile:
TextEditorController(ParagraphEditor)>>evaluateSelection

At the time of the halt, uriList (in dtdFile:) is
#(nil ' http://www.*-*-*.com/ ')

Apparently, no subclasses of URI define 'http', only 'file'.  Maybe I've
forgotten to parsel something in?

--
.tom

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:28:22 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol
[snip]

Quote:
> At the time of the halt, uriList (in dtdFile:) is
> #(nil 'http://www.efinnet.com/dtd/po')

> Apparently, no subclasses of URI define 'http', only 'file'.

Yep.

Quote:
>  Maybe I've
> forgotten to parsel something in?

Nope. The URI stuff is about the worst thing about the XMLParser.

IIRC, Roger and I bandied about using something like the Squeak URL
classes (or Craig Latta's) for the Camp Smalltalk ports, but we never got
round to talking with the Cincom guys about it.

I could wish for more intelligent handling as is (even without the ability
to download stuff via http), e.g., mapping urls to local resources.

(I.e., so you could download the relevant dtd's and load them into the
system but still use the canonical url to reference them.)

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 04:20:54 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol
I suppose it's good enough just to know it's nothing I'm screwing up.  Because
the parser is validating by default it seemed to make sense to provide the
DOCTYPE, but when I discovered I could turn it off (validate: false.) then I
wasn't as concerned.

I am still very interested in learning the proper way to use the document from
DOM_SAXDriver (or whatever it is) so that I can construct the classes I need
to from XML.

Quote:

> [snip]
> > At the time of the halt, uriList (in dtdFile:) is
> > #(nil 'http://www.efinnet.com/dtd/po')

> > Apparently, no subclasses of URI define 'http', only 'file'.

> Yep.

> >  Maybe I've
> > forgotten to parsel something in?

> Nope. The URI stuff is about the worst thing about the XMLParser.

> IIRC, Roger and I bandied about using something like the Squeak URL
> classes (or Craig Latta's) for the Camp Smalltalk ports, but we never got
> round to talking with the Cincom guys about it.

> I could wish for more intelligent handling as is (even without the ability
> to download stuff via http), e.g., mapping urls to local resources.

> (I.e., so you could download the relevant dtd's and load them into the
> system but still use the canonical url to reference them.)

> Cheers,
> Bijan Parsia.

Fri, 04 Jul 2003 06:35:31 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol
Thomas,

Quote:
> Playing around with the parser, I tried the following:

> [snip]

> Apparently, no subclasses of URI define 'http', only 'file'.  Maybe I've
> forgotten to parsel something in?

You are right, but with a couple of classes from VisualWave loaded into the
image, this could easily be supported -- about 2 hours worth of work.  Do
you really need it right now?

Regards,

Randy

Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:29:01 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol

Quote:

> I suppose it's good enough just to know it's nothing I'm screwing up.  Because
> the parser is validating by default it seemed to make sense to provide the
> DOCTYPE, but when I discovered I could turn it off (validate: false.) then I
> wasn't as concerned.

> I am still very interested in learning the proper way to use the document from
> DOM_SAXDriver (or whatever it is) so that I can construct the classes I need
> to from XML.

Are you interested in the SAX part or the DOM stuff? I have worked with the SAX
part in VW3.0 and ported it to 5i, have not done much with DOM support (which is
rather weak in VW). Let me know if Sax is of interest. I should be able dig up an
example.

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:02:45 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol
Darn, I need it for DOM, but isn't it a subclass of the SAX driver?  Why wouldn't
improvements to the latter not enhance the former?
Quote:

> Are you interested in the SAX part or the DOM stuff? I have worked with the SAX
> part in VW3.0 and ported it to 5i, have not done much with DOM support (which is
> rather weak in VW). Let me know if Sax is of interest. I should be able dig up an
> example.

Sun, 06 Jul 2003 16:31:37 GMT
 XML.Parser: Unhandled exception: Unrecognized transfer protocol
If I remember correctly the DOM driver in 3.0 is just a stub, which does not do DOM.
Quote:

> Darn, I need it for DOM, but isn't it a subclass of the SAX driver?  Why wouldn't
> improvements to the latter not enhance the former?

> > Are you interested in the SAX part or the DOM stuff? I have worked with the SAX
> > part in VW3.0 and ported it to 5i, have not done much with DOM support (which is
> > rather weak in VW). Let me know if Sax is of interest. I should be able dig up an
> > example.

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 13:02:19 GMT

1. Validation with XML Schemas with Clarion 5.5 and Microsoft XML Parser 4.0

2. Validating XML-parser using XML Schema?

3. Anyone using CL-XML(a xml parser)?

4. Cusotmizing unhandled exceptions in VW

5. Cusotmizing unhandled exceptions in VW

6. Help: Unhandled Exception

7. unhandled c0000005 exception on winXP

8. RB3DSpace Unhandled NilObject Exception

9. need help with unhandled exception

10. Unhandled exception error

11. Unhandled NilObject exception raised PROBLEM

12. unhandled exception error