Interface Objectworks 4.1 with C and FORTRAN
Author Message
 Interface Objectworks 4.1 with C and FORTRAN

Dear Smalltalker,

I am currently using Objectwork 4.1 /Visualwork in a MS-Windows
environment. I want to interface Smalltalk with two numerical
solvers written in fortran and C. The numerical solvers also
have to communicate between each other. I have tried Microsoft
C with Microsoft FORTAN but the performance is not very good.
So I am looking for a real 32-bit compiler for both C and FORTRAN
who can communicate between each other and also with ST-80 in an
MS-Windows environment.

Objectworks <-----> C <-----> FORTRAN
    ^

FORTRAN <------> C

Has somebody in the big Smalltalk world already solved this
interfacing problem ?
If so, would you be so kind to send me some information about the
vendors of these compilers. If possible could you also send some
examples how to interface between ObjectWorks ST/C/FORTAN.
The documentation of ParcPlace on Interfacing C or other external
programs if very poor.

I looking forward to receiving an e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

Miguel

Tue, 03 Oct 1995 14:54:23 GMT

1. ObjectWorks 4.1 in MS-Win: Dos app kills ObjectWorks

2. Help wanted : Interface C/FORTRAN with PPS 4.1

3. Help wanted : Interface PPS 4.1 with C and FORTRAN

4. Tutorial for Objectworks/Smalltalk 4.1

5. Multiple Inheritance for PP Objectworks 4.1: beta testers

6. Problem with ScheduledWindow (ObjectWorks Smalltalk 4.1)

7. BUGS in VisualWorks/ObjectWorks 4.1

8. REQ: Implementing Arrows in Objectworks/4.1

9. Objectworks\Smalltalk 4.1 - Cmd-Keys for the Mac

10. Mouse positioning in Objectworks 4.1

11. scrolling multiple views in ObjectWorks 4.1

12. Objectworks Smalltalk Rev 4.1