How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?
Author Message
 How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

        Can someone please tell me how to make a true stand alone
application from the objects I have created within Smalltalk/V version
2.0 for Windows?  I realize that you can change the startUp method in
the NotificationManager object to achieve a close proximity of what I
want to do, but I really want to just have an icon in Windows with my
code behind it that people can use for the three applications I have
built ( one is an accounting system for churches, another is a
tutorial system for psychology students, and the third is a job
referral system for employers and employees that matches skills and
requirements and includes an email function through which both parties
can communicate on a national/international level ).  All three
systems work great but they are useless unless I can gain the
expertise on how to 'detach' them from the mother development environment.
        Any serious guidance would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks in advance.

         Name: Glen Smith
     Location: Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Wed, 28 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?

Quote:

>    Can someone please tell me how to make a true stand alone
>application from the objects I have created within Smalltalk/V version
>2.0 for Windows?  I realize that you can change the startUp method in
>the NotificationManager object to achieve a close proximity of what I
>want to do,

That's the correct way to make it standalone (along with not relying on
development classes such as the compiler).  Why is this only a 'close
proximity?'

<snip>

Regards,
Chris

Disclaimer: I do not speak for TI.

Wed, 28 Jan 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 How Do You Create Stand Alone Applications?
Hello,

I thought Carleton University is where Wilf LaLonde and John Pugh
are based, who wrote Inside Smalltalk and Smalltalk/V Practice &
Experience ... why don't you ask them? Or am I behind the time?

Douglas

Tue, 03 Feb 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Creating Stand Alone Applications With Oberon-2

2. To stand-alone or not to stand-alone

3. Creating a stand-alone exec???

4. creating stand-alone versions for easy distribution etc

5. Tkinter: easiest way to create stand-alone dialog?

6. Tclapp in windows: How to wrap a custom interpreter to create a stand-alone executable

7. How to create one stand alone executable??????

8. Creating a stand alone Python Service (win32)

9. Stand alone application with VISA

10. Finding Other LabView Stand-Alone Applications On Same Computer

11. immediate execution of stand-alone application

12. immediate execution of stand-alone application