TCP/IP for Smalltalk V
Author Message
 TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

We are in the process of building an application which needs to communicate
with a process on a Unix system, using TCP/IP or PC/NFS or WINSOCK.DLL.
Has anyone got any leads on Class libraries or solutions (commercial or
shareware) which do the job?

Thanks in advance,

Mon, 17 Feb 1997 22:32:51 GMT
 TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

: We are in the process of building an application which needs to communicate
: with a process on a Unix system, using TCP/IP or PC/NFS or WINSOCK.DLL.
: Has anyone got any leads on Class libraries or solutions (commercial or
: shareware) which do the job?

: Thanks in advance,

Take a look into Digitalk's Compu$erve forum. One of the libraries has a
paper or even a help file
explaining an interface to winsock. I think it is a commercial product.
- Thomas
--
Thomas Muhr - Project Public Health (A4) - Technical University of Berlin
ATLAS/ti - Computer Supported Text Interpretation & Theory Building

Fri, 21 Feb 1997 22:23:57 GMT
 TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

Quote:
>We are in the process of building an application which needs to communicate
>with a process on a Unix system, using TCP/IP or PC/NFS or WINSOCK.DLL.
>Has anyone got any leads on Class libraries or solutions (commercial or
>shareware) which do the job?

>Thanks in advance,

You want Sockets/V rom P2 Enterprises P.O. Box 25, Ben Lomond, CA
95005, 408-336-8080 mailbox 9090 or e-mail

tom

Sat, 22 Feb 1997 07:07:02 GMT
 TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

Quote:
>We are in the process of building an application which needs to communicate
>with a process on a Unix system, using TCP/IP or PC/NFS or WINSOCK.DLL.
>Has anyone got any leads on Class libraries or solutions (commercial or
>shareware) which do the job?

>Thanks in advance,

ObjectSpace has just released ObjectSockets - a complete Smalltalk
interface to TCP/IP for Smalltalk V/Win, V/Win32, and V/NT. For

David

Sat, 22 Feb 1997 05:53:08 GMT
 TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

Quote:

>: We are in the process of building an application which needs to communicate
>: with a process on a Unix system, using TCP/IP or PC/NFS or WINSOCK.DLL.
>: Has anyone got any leads on Class libraries or solutions (commercial or
>: shareware) which do the job?

Besides the other two solutions mentioned (Objectspace and P2 Enterprises)
there is also Socktalk from LPC Consulting. Their phone number is
1-416-787-5290.

(and, yes, I do sell it)

- Doug Shaker

     The Smalltalk Store       Phone: 1-415-854-5535
     405 El Camino Real #106   Fax:   1-415-854-2557
     Menlo Park, CA 94025
   Devoted exclusively to Smalltalk products...
   Send an email with your address and we'll put you on our mailing list.

Sun, 23 Feb 1997 13:04:38 GMT
 TCP/IP for Smalltalk V

Quote:
> We are in the process of building an application which needs to communicate
> with a process on a Unix system, using TCP/IP or PC/NFS or WINSOCK.DLL.
> Has anyone got any leads on Class libraries or solutions (commercial or
> shareware) which do the job?
> Thanks in advance,

You may want to have a look at SockTalk from LPC,
Compuserve 73055,123

It is a package running on top of WinSock, avaiable both for
ST/V  and ST/win32

Per Erik

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 21:14:50 GMT

1. TCP/IP vs MAC address

2. Active-X vs TCP/IP,UDP interconnectivity

3. US - SE FL-***SMALLTALK/C++PROGRAMMER (DB2,MVS/TSO,AIX,TCP/IP)***-CONTRACT

4. TCP/IP Classes for IBM Smalltalk

5. TCP/IP servers in Smalltalk (only GNU ?)

6. Smalltalk Class Library for TCP/IP Interface (ObjectSpace)

7. Interfacing Smalltalk with TCP/IP under MS-Windows, FAQ

8. US - FL - S.E. ****SMALLTALK/C++ (COBOL,DB2,MVS/TSO,TCP/IP)***CONTRACT

9. Parcplace Smalltalk tcp/ip, files and instance variable bugs

10. TCP/IP class libraries for smalltalk?

11. TCP/IP available for Smalltalk Express

12. US - FL - S.E. ****C++/SMALLTALK PROG (COBOL,TCP/IP,AIX,CICS)****CONTRACT