Don't getting started the Help Site, the Tutorial and the Education Centre
Author Message
 Don't getting started the Help Site, the Tutorial and the Education Centre

I recently installed the free version of Dolphin V. 2.1 Patch Level 2.

Everytime i want to start help, guided tour or the additionally installted
education centre, I get an error message of not finding the shell32.dll and
the topics doesn't start.

But the shell32.dll is on the demanded place.

What can I do?

Maik Schmalstich

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 15:30:04 GMT
 Don't getting started the Help Site, the Tutorial and the Education Centre
Maik,

Quote:
> I recently installed the free version of Dolphin V. 2.1 Patch Level 2.

Welcome.

Quote:
> Everytime i want to start help, guided tour or the additionally installted
> education centre, I get an error message of not finding the shell32.dll
> and the topics doesn't start.

> But the shell32.dll is on the demanded place.

I can't help much with this bit I'm afraid, other than to say that it works
correctly for me!. Dolphin opens up the Shell32 DLL in the same way as it
does all the other system DLLs it uses so I would guess it is something
strange on your system (which OS do you use?) with regard to that one file.

Quote:
> What can I do?

The Dolphin help system in 2.1 is based on html files and is browsed using
your normal web browser, the application associated with htm(l) extensions.
If you look in the Dolpin/EducationCentre folder you will find files called
"LocalEducationCentre.htm" and "GuidedTour.htm". Double clicking on these
will do the same thing as selecting the menu option in Dolphin. The tutorial
can be started using "Tutorial.htm" in the tutorial sub folder.

Regards
    Ian

Thu, 27 Nov 2003 17:39:36 GMT

1. Help needed! COM samples don't start

2. Education centre for Dolphin 5?

3. Education Centre typo; STB question

4. Education Centre MSI file

5. HTML version of the Education Centre available?

6. Education Centre .msi not considered "valid"?

7. Version 4 education centre

8. Updated Education Centre for 4.0

9. More editinplace problems in Getting Started Tutorial

10. Getting Start with VRML Good Online Tutorials..

11. Getting started: what comes after the tutorial?

12. clipper 5.2e program don't start in fullscreen under nt