Need help on creating Executables in Visual Smalltalk Win32 3.0
Author Message
 Need help on creating Executables in Visual Smalltalk Win32 3.0

Trying to run the executable causes the error message:
"Could not find the image file: filename.exe"
while dubbleClicking on the filename.exe.
It seems like filename tries to start itselves but is not available anymore.
I 've tried all the possibilities I found in the help-files, but without
luck yet.
Kindly request for support, who can help?

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need help on creating Executables in Visual Smalltalk Win32 3.0

Quote:
>Trying to run the executable causes the error message:
>"Could not find the image file: filename.exe"
>while dubbleClicking on the filename.exe.
>It seems like filename tries to start itselves but is not available anymore.

Try to double-click on filename.icx. For WinNT & Win95 the .icx
extension is related to executable file in the same directory. But
better to run .icx file with -i key.

Dmitri

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need help on creating Executables in Visual Smalltalk Win32 3.0

There was a problem with running Visual Smalltalk 3.0 runtimes under Win95
and NT 4.0.
This problem has been fixed in 3.1. If you have to run a 3.0 runtime under
95/NT you need
a small helper program called #startme.exe. I don't remember where I got it
from (I think it
was Digitalks CompuServe forum), but if send your email address, I can post
it to you.

Uwe Honermann

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Need help on creating Executables in Visual Smalltalk Win32 3.0

Quote:

> Trying to run the executable causes the error message:
> "Could not find the image file: filename.exe"
> while dubbleClicking on the filename.exe.
> It seems like filename tries to start itselves but is not available anymore.
> I 've tried all the possibilities I found in the help-files, but without
> luck yet.
> Kindly request for support, who can help?

Bring up a DOS command box, go into the directory containing filename.exe
and then on the command line type 'filename.exe' (minus the quotes).  I
believe the key is that you must type the complete file name, including the
extension.

Regards,
Chris
--

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need Startup for Visual Smalltalk 3.0 for Win32

2. Need Visual Age, Visual Works, and Visual Wave Smalltalk mentors and developers and C++ designers/developers

3. Help needed using NASM to create Win32 programs

4. Using Ciao compiler to create Win32 executable

5. Help Needed - IBM SmallTalk with Visual Age.

6. New To Visual Smalltalk...Need Help......

7. Smalltalk /V Win32 Version 3.0

8. FS: Visual Smalltalk 3.0 w/ PARTS Workbench

9. Digitalk Update 2.0 -> Visual Smalltalk 3.0

10. ANN: OSI Products for Visual Smalltalk 3.0 Win Ship

11. Visual Smalltalk 3.0