Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation
Author Message
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

We are pleased to announce that Smalltalk Solutions 2002 is coming!
Registration details will be forthcoming soon - a website is under
construction.

Dates:  April 22, 23, 24 (Mon-Wed) 2002
Place:  Cincinnati Ohio
Site:   Hyatt Regency, downtown

We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8080/StSolutions2002

and volunteer as a speaker here:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8080/StSolutions2002/Volunteer+to+Speak

or send email to -

Conference Chair

Technical Program Chair

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 07:38:57 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Quote:
> We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
> you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:

> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002

I object to this fragmentation of the StSolutions web space, there
already was a wiki for StSolutions, why another one at yet another address?

http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions

Reinout
-------

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 19:45:01 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Quote:

>> We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
>> you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:

>> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002

> I object to this fragmentation of the StSolutions web space, there
> already was a wiki for StSolutions, why another one at yet another address?

Mostly because I had completely forgotten about that one.  On the other
hand, I have admin rights to the new one, so I can maintain it - back it
up, etc.
Quote:
> http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions

> Reinout
> -------

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:31:24 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Reinout

Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:

Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
which might be a better location for the web space??

It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.

Regards

David

Quote:

>> We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
>> you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:

>> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002

>I object to this fragmentation of the StSolutions web space, there
>already was a wiki for StSolutions, why another one at yet another address?

>http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions

>Reinout
>-------

GO SMALLTALK

http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource

Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:39:16 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Quote:

> Reinout

> Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:

> Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
> still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
> which might be a better location for the web space??

> It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.

Maybe his English isn't that good and he didn't mean to cause offence.
Happens often with non-native speakers.

Barry

Sat, 10 Jul 2004 21:44:43 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

I have spent my working life dealing with banks all around the world
and am well aware of this issue. That is why I phrased my comment in
as polite a manner possible. I was taking this into account and hoping
to instruct as well as comment, if that doesn't sound too patronising
- well you know what I mean :-)

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 14:44:43 +0100, Barry Watson

Quote:

>> Reinout

>> Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:

>> Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
>> still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
>> which might be a better location for the web space??

>> It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.

>Maybe his English isn't that good and he didn't mean to cause offence.
>Happens often with non-native speakers.

>Barry

GO SMALLTALK

http://www.totallyobjects.com - THE Smalltalk resource

Totally Objects is an IBM Object Connection member

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 01:02:36 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation
Quote:
> Conference Chair

> Technical Program Chair

              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Please note an e-mail address correction for me:

The posted e-mail address will not be valid after Wendesday of this week.

Ed Porter

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 05:03:18 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

We are pleased to announce that Smalltalk Solutions 2002 is coming!
Registration details will be forthcoming soon - a website is under
construction.

Dates:  April 22, 23, 24 (Mon-Wed) 2002
Place:  Cincinnati Ohio
Site:   Hyatt Regency, downtown

We are now calling for presentations - Smalltalk and XP topics.  If
you are interested in presenting, please visit this Wiki:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002

and volunteer as a speaker here:

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/StSolutions2002/Volunteer+to+Speak

or send email to -

Conference Chair

Technical Program Chair

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 11:59:35 GMT
 Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call For Participation

Quote:

>>Reinout

>>Do you not think a better format for your message would have been:

>>Thanks James for organising this. BTW, did you realise that there was
>>still a wiki available at http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/SmalltalkSolutions
>>which might be a better location for the web space??

>>It is easy to forget the commen niceties of life on the internet.

> Maybe his English isn't that good and he didn't mean to cause offence.
> Happens often with non-native speakers.

> Barry

David is right, I am non-native speaker but my English is good enough to
have worded that a lot nicer. James and I have met before, with that in
mind I was a lot more direct than a public forum warrants.

I hope it's obvious no offense was intended.

My excuses for any bad feelings induced,

Reinout
-------

Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:16:55 GMT

1. Smalltalk Solutions 2002 - Call for Papers

2. Smalltalk Solutions 2003: Call for Participation

3. Smalltalk Solutions: Final call for participation

4. Smalltalk Solutions: 2nd call for participation

5. Smalltalk Solutions 2001 -- Call For Participation

6. Smalltalk Solutions: 2nd call for participation

7. Smalltalk Solutions Conference 2001 - Call for Participation

8. Smalltalk Solutions: Final call for participation

9. Smalltalk Solutions '99: Call For Participation

10. ESUG'2002 Call for Participation

11. APL 2002 Madrid Call for Participation

12. OOPSLA 2002: Call for Participation