Weird problem related to IBM's VisualAge and Microsoft Money 2002
Author Message
 Weird problem related to IBM's VisualAge and Microsoft Money 2002

Last week, I installed Microsoft Money2002 Deluxe on Win Me. I was able to
setup accounts, but when I went to download the transactions, I would get a
Fatal Error -- it would prompt me if I wanted to send the error report, and
then shutdown and restart. The actual error report indicated the file
"msvcrt.dll".

I have been in touch with Microsoft Tech Support since then. They called me
back and asked me to check my AUTOEXEC.BAT to see if there was a line like
this: "set NLSPATH=..."
As soon as she asked me if I had installed IBM's VisualAge for Java product
installed, I knew that was it. I personally dint use the Java product, but
had installed IBM's VisualAge for Smalltalk. And yes, that had changed the
autoexec to add the NLSPATH.

So, as soon as I REM'd that line, and restarted my machine, everything
started working fine.

Just wanted to share this info with you.. I have wasted several hours
beating my head on this problem. Btw.. Microsoft's Tech Support did not have
a clue to why this was happening.

Thanx
cibsbui

Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:31:58 GMT
 Weird problem related to IBM's VisualAge and Microsoft Money 2002
I ran into that problem well over a year ago on Win2000 and earlier
versions of Money.  Was never able  to finalize details and Microsoft
denied any involvement.  For me, it was an inability to download
portfolios ... everything else worked.  I used to use the SystemState
restore to put things back to where they were before I installed
Smalltalk.  Then, I was able to use Smalltalk and Money.

Alan

Quote:
>Last week, I installed Microsoft Money2002 Deluxe on Win Me. I was able to
>setup accounts, but when I went to download the transactions, I would get a
>Fatal Error -- it would prompt me if I wanted to send the error report, and
>then shutdown and restart. The actual error report indicated the file
>"msvcrt.dll".

>I have been in touch with Microsoft Tech Support since then. They called me
>back and asked me to check my AUTOEXEC.BAT to see if there was a line like
>this: "set NLSPATH=..."
>As soon as she asked me if I had installed IBM's VisualAge for Java product
>installed, I knew that was it. I personally dint use the Java product, but
>had installed IBM's VisualAge for Smalltalk. And yes, that had changed the
>autoexec to add the NLSPATH.

>So, as soon as I REM'd that line, and restarted my machine, everything
>started working fine.

>Just wanted to share this info with you.. I have wasted several hours
>beating my head on this problem. Btw.. Microsoft's Tech Support did not have
>a clue to why this was happening.

>Thanx
>cibsbui

Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:55:56 GMT

1. Looking for IBM VisualAge Java/IBM VisualAge Smalltalk teachers

2. (newbie) A very weird Python CGI problem, possibly related to os.system

3. ~Money~Money~Money~Money~Money~

4. Money.....Money.....Money.....Money.....Money...

5. Here's an irritating 1998 IBM Smalltalk Related Report

6. Sending e-mail with Microsoft outlook 2002

7. IBM's VisualAge Smalltalk

8. Converting from Microfocus to IBM's Visualage

9. Anyone using IBM's VisualAge for Smalltalk Web Connection

10. Weird 'sub' problem

11. Report Writer - in COBOL 2002 (and IBM add-on product)

12. IBM & COBOL 2002