Books for learning Smalltalk and Visual Age
Author Message
 Books for learning Smalltalk and Visual Age

Hi, I am new in programming and I am looking for a book(s) for a
beginner wit a very simple,
plain explanation of basics of the programming and programming with
Smalltalk (Windows 95-NT). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
George

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Books for learning Smalltalk and Visual Age

Quote:

> Hi, I am new in programming and I am looking for a book(s) for a
> beginner wit a very simple,
> plain explanation of basics of the programming and programming with
> Smalltalk (Windows 95-NT). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks in advance,
> George

 An excellent book to learn the semantics and syntax of Smalltalk is On
 To Smalltalk by Patrick Henry Winston.  If you do get this book make
 sure you get Smalltalk Express so you can do the exercises.  If your
 looking for a book to teach you Object Oriented concepts including a
 little bit about patterns Smalltalk, Objects and Design by Chamond Liu
 is very good.  Finally if you wish to learn about patterns, Best
 Practice Patterns by Kent Beck is very good.  I am also a newbie to
 Smalltalk and these books have all been very useful.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Books for learning Smalltalk and Visual Age

There is a book by Dan Shafer that walks through an example-project
using IBM Smalltalk specifically.  It probably comes with a floppy
diskette too.  The price, I remember, is $49

- Alexis

Quote:

>Hi, I am new in programming and I am looking for a book(s) for a
>beginner wit a very simple,
>plain explanation of basics of the programming and programming with
>Smalltalk (Windows 95-NT). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks in advance,
>George

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Books for learning Smalltalk and Visual Age

The books that come with VA can get you started also.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Books for learning Smalltalk and Visual Age
Hi, I am new in programming and I am looking for a book(s) for a
beginner wit a very simple,
plain explanation of basics of the programming and programming with
Smalltalk (Windows 95-NT). Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
George

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Need Visual Age, Visual Works, and Visual Wave Smalltalk mentors and developers and C++ designers/developers

2. Good Book on IBM Visual Age Smalltalk

3. Visual-age for Cobol talking to Visual-Age (C)

4. Visual Smalltalk and Visual Age crashes

5. Converting from Visual Smalltalk to Visual Age

6. Smalltalk Developer Visual Works-Visual Age Perm job in MN

7. DALLAS Smalltalk Programmer Analyst - Visual Age Smalltalk

8. US-TX-Irving Smalltalk Programmer - Visual Age Smalltalk, database, Perl

9. ST/V to VisualWorks, Visual Age - Learning Curve

10. Visual Age Books

11. VIsual Age Smalltalk Florida

12. Software Engineer - IBM Visual Age Smalltalk, Perl, Informix