what is font closest to default look?
Author Message
 what is font closest to default look?

Quote:

>> We noticed that if no font is specified for a window created using VisualAge
>> for Smalltalk, when opening the window using #openApplicationModalWidget in a
>> Windows-NT environment, the widgets in the window are displayed using
>> ms-sans-serif-medium-8.

>I think that this font "ms-sans-serif-medium-8" is the standard font used by
>most Windows programs. The font which is used in the composition editor by
>default is "ms-system-medium-10". But why do you want to use this ugly font?

It is not my choice.  The app has been used by 270 users for the last two
years in an OS/2 environment.  Apparently, nobody has complained, but
now that you got my attention on how "ugly" it is, I will look into
other fonts.  Do you have any reccomendations on a nice font that
is suitable for both OS/2 and Windows environment?  keep in mind that
some of the 270 users are over 50 years old and have trouble seeing
small fonts, or fonts that are not "bold" enough.

- alexis

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Default font for wish and/or Font tool availability

2. tk: substitute default font if font request fails?

3. I NEED HELP WITH AN ERROR I GET IN THIS ASSIGNMENT I AM CLOSE TO FINISHING

4. Why am I creating named fonts if....

5. set default font in DolphinPro5

6. Print on default printer font

7. VAST: how to set the system default font

8. Font defaults.

9. Visual Smalltalk default fonts

10. CW4 - Default font

11. Default font