T-Gen ported to vw5i uploaded to cincom wiki
Author Message
 T-Gen ported to vw5i uploaded to cincom wiki
T-Gen is a parser generator in the lex/yacc style.  I uploaded to the
cincom wiki a port from vw30 to vw5i.  As part of the port, Tgen now has
its own namespace.  I fixed a few minor bugs and I recovered a testing
harness that was distributed with the vw2.5 version but dropped in the
vw30 version.

See

http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/Suggestion%2F...

for further information.

Note:
I plan to keep T-Gen alive and plan to make my maintenace/bugfixes
available to the VisualWorks community, but I plan no new development.
If you have a desire to improve it in some way, feel free to go for it!

Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:08:56 GMT
 T-Gen ported to vw5i uploaded to cincom wiki

Quote:

> I uploaded to the cincom wiki a port from vw30 to vw5i
> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/Suggestion%2F...
> I plan to keep T-Gen alive...

<http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/droberts/tgen2.2.1/tgen.html> says that
Don Roberts owns T-Gen, and we have a legal obligation depending on how we
use it.  Is that page obsolete on both points?
--
Wayne Johnston

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

Don Roberts sent me two e-mails and said I could post this info:

> I plan to keep T-Gen alive...

> He has my blessing.
> I never owned it, I just took care of it. I suppose that the legalese
> must still stand.

I wrote to Don:

Quote:
> Are you able to update your old T-Gen page?

Don responded:

Quote:

--
So should someone at UIUC delete Don's old web page(s)?

How about the legalese?  The Cincom submissions page and the T-Gen parcel
don't seem to have it.  Not that I'd probably change the T-Gen parcel and
have any legal responsibility - I'm just curious if any legal requirements
have been inadvertently dropped.
--
Wayne Johnston

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 T-Gen ported to vw5i uploaded to cincom wiki
I had copied the legalese verbatim to

http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com:8080/CincomSmalltalkWiki/T-Gen+Parser+...

I copied the legalese verbatim to the T-Gen main parcel comment.

I'd prefer that Don's page not be removed, but point to the cincom wiki for an
update.

Quote:

> > <http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/droberts/tgen2.2.1/tgen.html> says that
> > Don Roberts owns T-Gen, and we have a legal obligation depending on how
> > we use it.  Is that page obsolete on both points?

> Don Roberts sent me two e-mails and said I could post this info:
> --

> > I plan to keep T-Gen alive...

> > He has my blessing.

> > I never owned it, I just took care of it. I suppose that the legalese
> > must still stand.

> I wrote to Don:

> > Are you able to update your old T-Gen page?

> Don responded:

> > I don't think I can access the old web page.
> --
> So should someone at UIUC delete Don's old web page(s)?

> How about the legalese?  The Cincom submissions page and the T-Gen parcel
> don't seem to have it.  Not that I'd probably change the T-Gen parcel and
> have any legal responsibility - I'm just curious if any legal requirements
> have been inadvertently dropped.
> --
> Wayne Johnston

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. T-Gen ported to vw5i uploaded to cincom wiki (again -- sigh, and sorry)

2. VW5i.3 Restarting Wiki?

3. VisualWave file upload widget (VW5i.3)

4. Upload files to wiki?

5. VWIN32: T-GEN port available??

6. Cincom Announces Cincom Smalltalk's latest Release

7. Cincom announces Cincom Smalltalk January 2000

8. Porting some GUI classes from VW3.x to VW5i.4

9. It's Cincom, not CinCom :)

10. vw5i.1 -> vw5i.3

11. T-Gen -- posting Don Robert's vw3.0 parcels for T-Gen

12. TGen Port