Looking for a reporting tool
Author Message
 Looking for a reporting tool

This may be sligtly off track, but we're looking for a reporting tool
that integrates well with VisualAge.  So far we had been using Crystal
Reports but it doesn't really suit our needs so we want to find an
alternative.

What are you folks using in general?

Thanks,

Normand

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for a reporting tool
We use Crystal for the mundane basic business reports. It's fine for
those, but it has many shortcoming (IMO).  For complex reports, forms and
reports with graphics, we use Visibility from TotallyObjects.  It's
written in VisualAge, so it integrates very nicely.  Check it out at
www.TotallyObjects.com

Dan Antion
American Nuclear Insurers

Quote:

> This may be sligtly off track, but we're looking for a reporting tool
> that integrates well with VisualAge.  So far we had been using Crystal
> Reports but it doesn't really suit our needs so we want to find an
> alternative.

> What are you folks using in general?

> Thanks,

> Normand

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for a reporting tool
        We use VAST's own Report Writer. It's uglier than Crystal Reports
(which we also use) but it more or less gets the job done, especially
for generating reports on objects already in memory (rather than going
back to the DB to again fetch the same data).

        But, if I find a nice and clean way to generate reports in Crystal
Reports using objects, I might just switch back to it.

Quote:

> This may be sligtly off track, but we're looking for a reporting tool
> that integrates well with VisualAge.  So far we had been using Crystal
> Reports but it doesn't really suit our needs so we want to find an
> alternative.

> What are you folks using in general?

> Thanks,

> Normand

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Looking for a reporting tool
Check Reportoire or Visual Enterprise Information Server (VEIS) at
www.promia.com.

Larry Kline

Quote:

>This may be sligtly off track, but we're looking for a reporting tool
>that integrates well with VisualAge.  So far we had been using Crystal
>Reports but it doesn't really suit our needs so we want to find an
>alternative.

>What are you folks using in general?

>Thanks,

>Normand

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Look for reporting tools for database applications in Eiffel

2. Report-Writing Tools

3. Free reporting tool for developers

4. Free reporting tool for developers

5. Free tool for report development

6. Coverage analysis tool from Smalltalk Report Oct/95

7. Wanted soon: ODBC/Reporting tools for Gemstone!

8. Free tool for report development

9. Searching/Reporting Tools

10. Will alignment tool in report work with lines?

11. Excellent Reporting Tool

12. Best Tools for writing reports?