Exporting and importing tables through VA
Author Message
 Exporting and importing tables through VA

Using the active database connection one get INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT, or
DELETE operations on a table. However, the IBM database manager class
does not seem to support import or export.

Before doing an operation on a couple of DB/2 table I would like to
export them to IXF files. Apart from writing the routine myself, does
anyone have any ideas?

Peter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Exporting and importing tables through VA
Peter,

One solution I have used in the past was to launch the DB/2 export
utility from within Smalltalk.  The only problem I ran into was
detecting when the launch program (import/export) was done.

I my case, this was not part of the base application, and only used
once in awhile, so it was ok to rely on the user not to launch
multiple copies.

You could also just write a command script to export the tables you
wanted to save and just run the scripts by hand before you perform
your operations on the tables.

Ron

Quote:
>Using the active database connection one get INSERT, UPDATE, SELECT, or
>DELETE operations on a table. However, the IBM database manager class
>does not seem to support import or export.

>Before doing an operation on a couple of DB/2 table I would like to
>export them to IXF files. Apart from writing the routine myself, does
>anyone have any ideas?

>Peter

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Importing and Exporting to a Smalltalk Repository

2. Exporting/Importing menus

3. Text file import/export utility

4. import and export data

5. Help! RB Export<->Import

6. Quickbooks Import/Export Process

7. exporting to and importing data from another file ??

8. CFD 3.1 Import/Export text files -Reply

9. CFD 3.1 Import/Export Text Files

10. Importing and exporting data to CW2.5 - HELP !!!!

11. CFD 3.1 Import/Export text files

12. Super Import/Export or IMPEX?