What am I doing wrong?
Author Message
 What am I doing wrong?

I am running VAST 552
So I downloaded WB Pro evaluation version 5.5.2.2 (June 15, 2001), and
I followed the installation instructions, and it seemed to install
fine.

As I was following the instructions for creating the "Hello World"
application I found two things:
-The icon in the lower left corner for "browse the code for the
currently edited..." is disabled, and it doesn't look like the icon in
the documentation. I can otherwise access the code by browsing the
class.
-I added the callback for the "Push Me" button, but when I test the
window and click the button, nothing happens!. The callback for the
button is "Activate Callback", and the method attached to the callback
is "sayHello:clientData:callData:".

I added the following code to the method
(sayHello:clientData:callData:), as the documentation suggests:
(self widgetNamed: 'greetingField') value: 'Hello World'.

I've checked that 'greetingField' exists, but that's not the problem
because I have placed a halt before the code and it is never triggered
when the button is pressed.

Any ideas?

Sun, 09 May 2004 08:19:05 GMT
 What am I doing wrong?

Quote:

> -I added the callback for the "Push Me" button, but when I test the window
> and click the button, nothing happens!

> Any ideas?

Off hand, no. File-out the code for your Hello World class and post it here.
That might provide a clue as to what is going on.

-Eric Clayberg
 Sr. Vice President of Product Development
 Instantiations, Inc.

 http://www.instantiations.com

Sun, 09 May 2004 13:14:28 GMT

1. What am I doing wrong!

2. Stupid newb question: What am I doing wrong?

3. What am I doing Wrong

4. what am i doing wrong

5. Help - What am I doing wrong

6. Saving a Variable to a field in a record- what am i doing wrong

7. What am I doing wrong?

8. What am I doing wrong?

9. #CONTROL What am I doing wrong

10. What am i doing wrong.

11. What am I doing wrong?

12. Clarion 5.5 What am I doing wrong????