multiple windows in ST/V DOS - newbie question
Author Message
 multiple windows in ST/V DOS - newbie question

This is a newbie question. I haven't found any good examples of
how to develop multiple windows in ST/V DOS. I have a class
with an "open" method that creates two list panes. Pressing on
an item on the list pane to the right pops up another multi-pane
window that has list panes and text panes. This second window is supposed to
change the model but not the view of the first window. Now the
problem I am running into is that once I close or cycle the second window,
when I try to add an entry to the list pane in the first window, the
model is updated, but the view is not. (i.e. I am unable to display
any new entries added or removed from the list pane).
I have one class that creates both of these windows. The second window
is created from a selectors: method, when a selection is made to an
item in the right list pane.
In creating both windows, my last line calls the dispatcher as follows:
In open method:
   aTopPane dispatcher open scheduleWindow
In selectors method:
   aTopPane1 dispatcher open scheduleWindow.

The model is the same ( self) for both cases. Anyone have a clue why
the view would not get updated for this window? When I bring the de{*filter*},
I notice that the mere act of causing the second window to be popped up,
causes the change messages in the first window to not get executed.
(which is the reason why the list panes do not get updated when I add/
remove items)
I am clueless as to why this is happening.

Thanks. ANy help greatly appreciated...

Tue, 14 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 multiple windows in ST/V DOS - newbie question
Are you sure you are issuing an explicit "self changed:..." when changing
display related aspects (like adding a new entry) ?
Did you check the global dependencies list before and after the invocation of
the second window?

- Thomas
--
Thomas Muhr - Project Public Health (A4) - Technical University of Berlin
ATLAS/ti - Computer Supported Text Interpretation & Theory Building

Wed, 15 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

2. Multiple Question Prompters in ST/V Windows

3. ST-80/OS/2 vs. ST-80/Windows

4. Newbie question : Info on Python under DOS/Windows

5. Newbie question - unix vs windows

6. Newbie question: tcl vs perl and tkMotif vs tkX

7. VO vs DELPHI vs FOXPRO(Windows) vs DBASE(Windows)

8. FS: ST/V for DOS & Windows

9. device access in Digitalk ST/V under DOS/Windows

10. Clock Problem (VA ST vs. Dolphin ST)

11. Multiple DOS window launches

12. Comparison: ST-80 vs. ST-V