Disabling image save "snapshot" sound
Author Message
 Disabling image save "snapshot" sound
Is there a way to disable the snapshot sound effect that occurs whenever an
image is saved?  I didn't see anything in Dolphin options.

Thanks.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 05:46:18 GMT
 Disabling image save "snapshot" sound
Chris,

Quote:
> Is there a way to disable the snapshot sound effect that occurs whenever
> an image is saved?  I didn't see anything in Dolphin options.

I don't think there's an official way.

Unofficially though, editing SmalltalkSystem>>playSaveImageSound or
replacing the sound file (Program Files/Dolphin Smalltalk
4.0/Resources/ImageSave.wav) with a silent wav appears to do the trick.

Ian

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:42:32 GMT
 Disabling image save "snapshot" sound

Quote:

> Is there a way to disable the snapshot sound effect that occurs whenever
an
> image is saved?  I didn't see anything in Dolphin options.

I think that Andy once recommended:

    Sound clearRegistry.

as a good way to do it.  That's what I use anyway, and have done ever since
the damnable eructation first imposed itself.

;-)  (mostly)

    -- chris

Mon, 05 Jul 2004 03:15:05 GMT

1. "Having an Image Saved my Butt"

2. A "Saving" box during saving

3. GST: "SystemDictionary snapshot !" not working

4. [Q] how to save an image (snapshot: is undefined)

5. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

6. Windows "Abort" button - how to disable

7. Searching for a "Sounds-Like" function

8. Disabling "X" exit button on toplevels

9. Disabling "send"

10. VisualWorks: disable _without_ "graying-out"

11. Trapping "Do you want to save ..."