GNU ST and SegV w/CFuncs.st
Author Message
 GNU ST and SegV w/CFuncs.st

I am trying to use GNU Smalltalk, but when I try to load it using
        mst -V
I receive the following output:

Processing builtins.st
Processing Object.st
Processing Message.st
Processing Magnitude.st
Processing Character.st
Processing Date.st
Processing Time.st
Processing Number.st
Processing Float.st
Processing Integer.st
Processing LookupKey.st
Processing Association.st
Processing Link.st
Processing Process.st
Processing Collection.st
Processing SequenceableCollection.st
Processing LinkedList.st
Processing Semaphore.st
Processing ArrayedCollection.st
Processing Array.st
Processing String.st
Processing Symbol.st
Processing ByteArray.st
Processing CompiledMethod.st
Processing Interval.st
Processing OrderedCollection.st
Processing SortedCollection.st
Processing Bag.st
Processing MappedCollection.st
Processing Set.st
Processing Dictionary.st
Processing IdentityDictionary.st
Processing SystemDictionary.st
Processing Stream.st
Processing PositionableStream.st
Processing ReadStream.st
Processing WriteStream.st
Processing ReadWriteStream.st
Processing FileStream.st
Processing TokenStream.st
Processing Random.st
Processing UndefinedObject.st
Processing Boolean.st
Processing False.st
Processing True.st
Processing ProcessorScheduler.st
Processing Delay.st
Processing SharedQueue.st
Processing Behavior.st
Processing ClassDescription.st
Processing Class.st
Processing Metaclass.st
Processing MethodContext.st
Processing BlockContext.st
Processing Memory.st
Processing WordMemory.st
Processing ByteMemory.st
Processing MethodInfo.st
Processing FileSegment.st
Processing SymLink.st
Processing initialize.st
Processing CFuncs.st
"CFuncs.st", line 44: Segmentation violation
Object class>>#isVariable
Object class>>#variableSubclass:instanceVariableNames:classVariableNames:poolDictionaries:category:
UndefinedObject>>#executeStatements
UndefinedObject>>nil

        I receive similar messages when smalltalk gets to the CFuncs.st
when I try to load it in the examples and stix directories.
        I'm trying to get it to load on Ultrix 4.2A (Rev. 47).  I had to
do a couple of things with alloca to get it to compile, but I figured
if it got through the rest of the stuff, it shouldn't just {*filter*}on the
CFuncs.st section.
        Is there a bug in CFuncs.st?  Did I just do something stupid?
I know smalltalk not at all, so I can't tell if the syntax is bad.  I
really want to get this going because I want to learn smalltalk, and
try to port GNU smalltalk to OS/2.  Any and all help would be greatly
appreciated.

Kevin.
--
Kevin K. Lewis             | My opinions may be unreasonable

Sun, 04 Jun 1995 02:08:00 GMT
 GNU ST and SegV w/CFuncs.st
Hi Kevin,
the system here is:

|ULTRIX V4.2A (Rev. 47) System #4: Wed Jan  1 01:38:15 MET 1992
|UWS V4.2A (Rev. 420)

mst answered:

|gwdu03> mst -V
|Smalltalk 1.1.1 Ready
|
|st>

Is it possible that you are on mst 1.1 ? Prep.ai.mit.edu has the newest
version.

-Joerg

Sun, 04 Jun 1995 19:30:46 GMT

1. SMOPS for GNU/ST and Little/ST

2. Generic Server for Dolphin now has web server with ST servlets and ST server pages

3. Tutorial: UI programming and ST-80 versus ST/V

4. NYC ST Presentation today: ST /JVM

5. NYC ST: Cincom -StORE , ST custom tag framework

6. St. Louis ST UG

7. ST vs Java vs ST vs ....

8. Clock Problem (VA ST vs. Dolphin ST)

9. Europe/Germany+Austria: Smalltalk developper (ENFIN-ST/ObjectStudio + VA-ST)

10. Comparison: ST-80 vs. ST-V

11. ST-80/OS/2 vs. ST-80/Windows

12. price comparison between st-80 and st/v