JWARS at OOPSLA or why did the tank drive up te river
Author Message
 JWARS at OOPSLA or why did the tank drive up te river

Several people asked me after the JWARS demo why the tank
could go
up the river. The short answer is that I simply gave the
tank the ship's
movement orders and it executed them.

The better answer is that each battleSpaceEntity does know
what
"type" (there's that word again) it is - either Land, Sea,
or Air.  As we
get more of the environment and terrain integrated into
JWARS, we
will have more realistic interactions between them and the
battleSpaceEntitys, and tanks will "know" that they can't
drive on
water.

Thank you all for coming. Be careful with those magnets.

PS  JWARS is still hiring US citizens for full-time onsite
positions in the
Washington, DC area.  Email me if interested.

--
Donald
Donald M. MacQueen

Sat, 27 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. JWARS at OOPSLA

2. anyone done NT admin scripting to drive IIS?

3. why why why oh why why baby

4. Why is SetKey doing something different?

5. Why Forth is not doing so well

6. functions -- what is Verilog doing here and why?

7. Why was this done?

8. Why are most HPC done in Fortran?

9. Why are most HPC done

10. Why are most HPC done

11. pep 308: why doing (almost) nothing suffices

12. Why were namespaces done this way?