Getting the Window Handle in VW2.5
Author Message
 Getting the Window Handle in VW2.5

I am trying to get the window handle from my screen under VW2.5.  I kow
that from the applicationModel I can get to the window. And from window,
I can get the handle instance variable which is an istance of
GraphicsHandle.  Do anybody know if the GraphicsHandle is the
window handle that I can pass it on to a DLL?

Thanks

William Yiu

Sat, 30 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the Window Handle in VW2.5

Quote:

>I am trying to get the window handle from my screen under VW2.5.  I kow
>that from the applicationModel I can get to the window. And from window,
>I can get the handle instance variable which is an istance of
>GraphicsHandle.  Do anybody know if the GraphicsHandle is the
>window handle that I can pass it on to a DLL?
>Thanks
>William Yiu

I believe the class comment for Window explains what is returned by
the windowHandle message and what it means on the different platforms.
On X it IS the windowHandle. I don't remember what it is on Windows.

Frank Sauer
Center for Medical Imaging and Medical Informatics

Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting the Window Handle in VW2.5

The graphics handle is NOT what you want here.
what you want is to send the windowHandle message
to the instance of Window.

Quote:
>I am trying to get the window handle from my screen under VW2.5.  I kow
>that from the applicationModel I can get to the window. And from window,
>I can get the handle instance variable which is an istance of
>GraphicsHandle.  Do anybody know if the GraphicsHandle is the
>window handle that I can pass it on to a DLL?

>Thanks

Sun, 31 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Windows - getting Tkinter or wxPython window handle?

2. getting window handle (MS Windows) from PPST

3. Getting window handle of AXControlSite

4. Window Handle / Maximize dos window ???

5. win32ui: The window handle does not specify a valid window

6. VW: getting a graphics handle (easy question?)

7. VW2.0 & VW2.5

8. VW2.0 and VW2.5 under NT 4.0: Pixmap toClipboard-Error

9. Alert Keys On AppFrame Not Getting Handled

10. Getting a progs handle

11. Getting file handle referencing character device

12. Stored procedures VW2.0, VW2.5