Model-View-Controller
Author Message
 Model-View-Controller

    I have Digitalk's Smalltalk/V for DOS, and after reading their
    documentation their image doesn't seem to include the
    model-view-controller triad that I've read about in Smalltalk
    textbooks.  They instead have application-pane-dispatcher, but there is
    no seperate model that exists independent of the application.  What if
    I wanted to represent the same model (say a histogram) using two
    different views?  How would I accomplish this?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Stephen Griese

Sun, 01 Jun 1997 20:14:00 GMT
 Model-View-Controller

Quote:
>    I have Digitalk's Smalltalk/V for DOS
>    ...  What if I wanted to represent the same model (say a histogram)
>    using two  different views?  How would I accomplish this?

I'm not the best person to be giving advice on Smalltalk; but, you can easily
give two subpanes to a top pane.  Tell each subpane that its model is the
application object, and then define a message that each sub pane can send to
the application to get its contents.

Hope this helps.

Mon, 02 Jun 1997 18:58:07 GMT

1. C++/Views: A Model-View-Controller Library for C++

2. Looking for implementation info on Composite Model-View-Controller architecture

3. Model View Controller

4. Model View Controller

5. Looking for info about Model-View-Controller paradigm

6. Model View Controller and Ada 95

7. Model-View-Controller

8. The origin of Model-View-Controller

9. Model-View-Controller concepts...